Signed: Loaner 2020 BMW 530iX --- 387p/mo, 387 DAS, 0 MSD --- 67k MSRP

This car took 7-10 days, usually that’s how long it takes

• contact about 7-10 dealerships, really depends on the car though, for a 3 series maybe less dealerships or until one bites
1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try to beat your deal next month:)

2 Likes

this sounds great -

can you please explain the $3,500 incentive ?

I have am only seeing $1,000 loyalty and $1,000 Lease credit

Also, did the dealer waive any remaining payments?

I believe
loyalty = 2,000
Lease credit = 1,000
L2L = 500
College = 1000

• I didn’t have a vehicle for which they would have to waive any payments for, they paid the shipping cost though

thank you for the info

They keep insisting on doing post-incentive/rebate prices, I’ve asked them to meet me at a lower pre-incentive/rebate sales price, but they insist that they can’t do lower pre-incentive.

Making it sound like the incentives/rebates are coming out of the dealer’s pockets, but aren’t the incentives (like loyalty, corp fleet, etc.) coming from BMWFS?

Most likely they don’t want to go lower on the selling price before incentives, which is why they are baking the incentives into the selling. Encountered many dealers like that.

2 Likes

Nice deal! Curious, is the main reason why you didn’t want MSDs to make it easier to transfer the lease? If so, is BMW’s paperwork much more complicated if MSDs are involved?

More like people hate forking cash or don’t understand MSDs.

3 Likes

I didn’t do MSDs because it makes it much easier to transfer. For dealerships it may be a bit extra work, some want to some don’t.

The dealership I worked with was completely open to doing MSDs, I just opted out

Reason being I feel like I could get 2-3k upfront with a 387 payment when transferring vs 5.5k upfront (2-3k to me and 2-3k MSDs)

4 Likes

You tagged NY, but you didn’t get this at a NY dealer ? Just trying to understand why you tagged NY…

Meant to tag NJ as that’s my registration state
Fixed

I’m working on getting a 5 series, which dealer in NJ did you go to? I’ve already reached out to 4 of them and not coming anywhere close to the deal that you have.

He already said he’s not sharing the dealer. You might have to contact 15 before you get close. Maybe more.

Close to what? The end payment? Do you qualify for $4,500 in incentives and has the RV remained the same?

sorry for the ignorant question, but is “lease to lease” incentive same as “lease credit”?

No. They are different. I believe there isn’t lease to lease anymore

what is/what was lease to lease

Lease 2 Lease was an incentive BMW offered in Sept/Oct of this year of roughly $500 for most models for had/having an existing lease and going to a new lease. I don’t remember the time frame – I think it was a BMW lease in the last 6 months or something, you could get the incentive. Different from loyalty (owning/leasing/having a BMW in the household).

EDIT: Just to be clear, it’s no longer being offered as of November or December of this year, so don’t ask about it!