Signed lease for Volvo XC60 - Feedback on how did I do?

I should note, 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription.

That must be a fully loaded XC60? $783 for a XC60 sounds expensive though. Do you like the XC60 more than the XC90? The XC90 could probably be had for less.

2 Likes

Yes, fully loaded with all packages and many options. The XC90 is a little too big for me. I initially wanted the XC40 but the wait to get one is too long and I needed an SUV or truck for work related purposes ASAP.

Can you do any MSD’s instead of that down payment?

It looks like he already signed the lease

1 Like

That is one expensive XC60.

Ah, yeah…missed that.

No MSDs available. The MF is already very low.

Yeah. Not cheap. I wanted all of the goodies though.

You could have still done MSDs and it would have been cheaper by $53 per month but it would be $8k in MSDs. About 7% per year return.

They literally said no MSDs were available

They probably didn’t want to put in the effort. I just got an S90 last month with the MF was 0.00078 (slightly higher than yours) and I had no issue putting down MSDs.
Even if you do max MSDs on your deal you still don’t get down to zero so I don’t think there would have been an issue.

1 Like

They were either lazy or clueless. When I leased my S90, the finance guy didnt know what they were (it was a shared dealer with other brands), so the GM has to come over and walk him through it. Said first time someone has done this in 5 years.

I wonder much like we post lowest possible deals here on LH, if dealerships keep a tally of the highest monthly lease payment per model somewhere in the back.

1 Like

Yeah I calculated it as a 7-ish % return (after tax…so equivalent to >10% pre-tax).

Thankfully the finance manager was competent and as soon as I mentioned MSDs she started checking if I could buy down the rate but as low as it was she said the difference was literally insignificant and from what she could tell there was nothing available. She was very nice, open and honest with me through the entire transaction. It was actually the first time I have purchased a vehicle where I can say they were pleasant to deal with and didn’t pressure me.

How much effort is it for the to work out MSDs? I assume they have to make some calls and such?

They don’t need to make any calls. Just enter it into the contract. Too late now since you already signed though.

No calls. When I was signing last month the finance guy just typed it into the system and that was it.

I see. Oh well.

Maybe when someone else leases an XC60 I can see if they were able to buy the rate down with MSDs.

1 Like