Signed - Jeep Grand Cherokee L Limited: MSRP $55,265, $637.50 per month, $4,157 DAS ($0 Down Payment)

BMW and MB more negotiable than Jeep lol that’s honestly crazy that we can say that and it’s true

I am in Phoenix. Rough market generally. Most local dealers want above MSRP on in-stock units. In-stock are all 6 cyl and mainly black in color for whatever reason.

1 Like

My local dealer has a ton of these just sitting on the lot collecting dust.

Agree. Limited’s a great deal that gives the Telluride/Palisade a run for its money but Summit Reserve is just next level. Crazy excited to see what they do for the Wagoneer/GW, hope the new bean counters from PSA don’t destroy it.

Honestly the invoice/MSRP spread being reduced is the worst trend for leasing if you believe the supply issues will go away at some point. Ford is doing the same thing for the Mach-E, Maverick and Lightning too. Hopefully FCA drops some lease cash/retail cash offers for end of the year, they are making a ton of these.

Might see some hacking on this hehehe - how’s ride quality and wind noise?

I’ll join in the fun as I’m the one Mike helped with the new Summit Reserve this weekend.

A plug for Mike (@Bostoncarconcierge) - he was awesome once again (helped me with a LR Discovery a couple years back with a deal that I could have never replicated on my own), and this time around he and his dealer contact searched and swapped to get the exact color combo we were looking for, of which there were very few to be found in the region. The one I ended up getting was one of two within a fifty mile range. I’ll write a separate review on Mike’s broker page but seriously, if you’re in New England, contact him.

And as he noted, easy deal with the dealer - honored affiliate pricing (1% under invoice); no add-ons, no hard sell or any shenanigans when I went in to sign the paperwork, In contrast, another dealer where we stopped to test drive a couple weeks ago was asking a $5k over sticker market adjustment on Summit Reserves and $3.5k on lower trims.

And to the point above about not-so-great money factors on leases for these Grand Cherokees, new car purchase rates are still cheap. I had financing already lined up at 1.89%; Mike’s dealer was able to go even lower at 1.75%. Did a straight purchase this time around as the lease figures aren’t great.

The interior of the Summit Reserve is incredible. Fit and finish is beyond the LR Discovery and I’d say it is on par with my Cayenne Turbo (which was more than double the price of the Summit Reserve). Already put over 500 miles on it since picking it up on Saturday with a trip to Vermont on Sunday!

Thanks again Mike!

3 Likes

Yes. 101010

All my local dealers have tons of these as well… And nothing else.

1 Like

Thanks for the input all, enjoying the back and forth. I knew going in that I was going to get hosed on a lease, based on everything I’ve been reading about the shortages and on here for the last couple of months, but we had a Traverse with a lease ending in August that my wife really didn’t like (and that had some electrical issues) so we didn’t want to extend/buy. We had always liked the Grand Cherokee, but had mostly ruled it out as an option since we really wanted the third row (two kids), so we were thrilled when the GCL came out.

At my local Jeep dealership I initially got a quote on the same MSRP Jeep GCL for $729 per month with the same DAS. Even the salesman said “don’t get this car at this price” on that one. So I had been looking around for the better part of a month for a better deal, hoping some incentives would come in. I spoke with a couple of brokers from this site, but the best they could do was $668 per month, same DAS, on the same model (but without the panoramic sunroof (which honestly wasn’t at all a dealbreaker for us). Only problem is that it was going to be 5-10 weeks on an order.

Finally got in touch with the manager at a dealership that knows a friend of mine and got this price. As someone mentioned, $637 per month is a hell of a lot for a Jeep, but my wife absolutely loved it and my kids were thrilled too. So I was comfortable knowing I was overpaying here, but I still wanted to make the best deal I could on the lease (if that makes sense).

As for the car itself, we absolutely love it. Even the kids are ecstatic, and I have my 6 year old asking if he can go along with me when I run errands “as long as we take the new car.” It is very luxurious on the inside and it rides great. Still breaking it in, obviously, but I haven’t noticed any issues with wind noise yet. Will post some pics of the inside later today.

6 Likes

Here are a few interior pics - sorry for the poor quality, I’m a shitty photographer (and from the fingerprints on the touch screen you can see I’m telling the truth about the kids being all over it!).

1 Like

That absolutely makes sense. You researched things out, knew what you were getting into, were comfortable enough with it, so all is good. So the naysayers that might poo poo it saying “I can’t believe you’re paying $725 a month for this car”, can just keep quiet😜

1 Like

And holy smokes it definitely looks like Captain America is sitting in that seat :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I thought I was looking at the Land Rover defender lol, great interior

Stellantis has stepped up their game. I shudder to think what the leases will look like but the Grand Wagoneer is absolutely gorgeous on the inside. They hit it out of the park.

2 Likes

McIntosh audio. Want. Need.

4 Likes

Beautifully crafted interior. Nice lookin’ rig too. Fully digital dash board is all the more reason to lease or dump it before the warranty expires.

1 Like

this is not a deal?

This trend is going to eventually become such an issue in the secondary market.

1 Like

It still provides valuable data points for others who are interested in this vehicle.

3 Likes

Very nice ride, and great car seat!

1 Like