Signed! Hyundai Palisade Limited

2 Likes

Payment relative to MSRP is a really bad metric for Hyundai and Kia considering they are two of the few that donā€™t inflate sticker prices.

A Tahoe or Yukon would be $60-$70k+ at Chevy or GMC, let alone one of the German brands.

A $700 Tahoe wouldnā€™t be close to fully loaded, and while that might score better on % of MSRP, I donā€™t see how that would be a better deal.

4 Likes

This is true, that however just give more ammunition to the fact that this and the Telluride are better owned than leased due to the captiveā€™s program as well as the poor discount situation currently afoot.

Entirely possible, but, if the OP wanted to lease, itā€™s one thing to say that they got ripped off relative to other Palisades of the same trim and annual mileage, another thing to say itā€™s better to look at a competing model b/c the monthly might be less (both in an absolute and relative sense) or just to buy the car outright.

Not saying that you were declaring the latter, but some people on the thread are (unjustifiably, IMHO).

1 Like

Iā€™m saying that due to H/K actually reasonably pricing these (Damnit, that hurt to say), they just donā€™t lease well and like most of their products are better purchased than leased.

Iā€™m nostalgic though and still have 15 questions and want 15 percent off.

Based on what? You donā€™t know what the future resale value is.

The dealer discount is the same either wayā€¦ and although I havenā€™t looked into it, thereā€™s really no reason for the OEM to offer huge purchase incentives

1 Like

This is exactly what I kept running into at every dealer I contacted. I used TrueCar and I also contacted about 15 different dealerships within 100 miles. No luck with any as far as getting any significant discounts. They all said thereā€™s no reason to be that aggressive when these are selling themselves before they even land at the lots. They canā€™t keep them more than a few days and that goes for the Kia as well. Maybe if they had listed them at 10K more expensive and offered 8k discounts people would feel differently. But IMHO these are well worth the price and then some. Nothing comes close to the value that these offer and the people getting them now are ok with that. If someone wants to wait till they are discounted then thatā€™s great too. I wouldnā€™t judge either way. Pretty sure both will be happy with their purchase.

3 Likes

Makes me wonder though: It seems they learned their lesson from the short spat of cheap leases that was available on Genesis cars.

3 Likes

Why are some people surprised by supply and demand?

1 Like

LOL Thatā€™s hilarious!!

Congratulations!! That SUV is literally flying off the shelf. Very hard to get

2 Likes

Interesting. Iā€™m seeing these advertised in OH/PA for around $2k under MSRP. Hereā€™s one:

https://www.moonhyundai.com/new/Hyundai/2020-Hyundai-Palisade-720e50920a0e0a174e23c4e85a274ca6.htm

I found a few places advertising between 2 and 3k off msrp only to contact them and find out that this is the price ā€œafter all incentives were appliedā€. According to one dealership theyā€™re allowed to advertise this way. But when you call them out on it they just ask which do you qualify for. Here Iā€™ll give anotherā€¦ Bay Ridge Hyundai in Brooklyn, NY.

Thank you sir. Iā€™m very happy with it. So happy I havenā€™t touched my C7 Grand Sport since I got it. And thatā€™s only got 4k miles :grin:

2 Likes

Right now none of the dealers in my area are overstocked. Manufacturer is slowly rolling these out to dealers to keep the demand high. My Q50 lease is up soon and my wife really wants one of these. Test drove one and it was a pretty legit ride. Thinking about purchasing and making my wife drive it till the wheels fall off.

As for me, Iā€™ve been having trouble finding a model thatā€™s leasing well. Infiniti residuals have become such sh!t over the last couple years, I just canā€™t stay with the brand anymoreā€¦

1 Like