Signed! Hyundai Palisade Limited

Uhh…with a little footwork you can get a discount off almost any car. By simply starting with a TrueCar request via my bank I started negotiations at $2600 under invoice for my Palisade. When it was all said and done I was $4215 or 10% under MSRP.

5 Likes

I havent seen anyone get this for invoice. The Limited rivals the X5/X7 for interior quality for less than half the price.

2 Likes

IIRC yours wasnt a Limited and was FWD though right? Not that theres anything wrong with that but the Limited and SX (on the Telluride) are the highest demand, paired with AWD powertrain.

3 Likes

When you do a TrueCar request for a Limited or SX in my area it actually gives you about a $3-4000 markup on MSRP…

3 Likes

mine is a FWD SEL premium w sunroof. OP said that there aren’t discounts. We aren’t here to talk about paying sticker price.

2 Likes

Maybe a base model of either.

How about $93k for a Limited FWD at my nearest Hyundai dealer… only for TrueCar customers! :joy:

5 Likes

see where it says true price? Not sure if it’s a paid or premium service I have access to but Market average and True price are different. People paying over sticker for any car because of impatience is crazy.
I also noticed I that the dealer also ate a bunch of crap add-one they had on the sticker. I did not get to keep the GPS service

Dealer Documentation Preparation Charge $80
SWAT GPS + $548
EXTERNAL SEALANT + $384
CLEAR SHIELD + $485

Agreed on not paying sticker. Totally agree with you.

What are these garbage add-ons?

Just say no.

1 Like

I might have to start flipping Kia and Hyundai SUVs and shipping them for $800! Way to try to sell cars Alexandria Hyundai!

2 Likes

Hahaha. I almost fell of the couch when I saw that. They’re marking it up like it’s a damn Supra!

Cheapest one I found is just under 1k over MSRP

1 Like

You could end up becoming a Telluride and Palisade broker. :joy::joy:

These numbers mean about as much as TV commercial offers advertising “$130/mo Elantra”

I’ll take 3! :joy::joy::woman_shrugging:

SEL fwd with 10k miles is a whole different thing than limited AWD with 12k

1 Like

Compare the discount %, not the monthly. Obviously the monthly is going to be more on a limited.

I could have gotten the SEL much easier with lower payments. All depends what you want and what your willing to pay. As long as your happy I’m happy for you

2 Likes

You should compare discounts against the same trim. It’s not like he got SEL AWD at $600. In NE no one wants FWD SUV, of course you’ll get better discount on FWD

4 Likes

Very odd to pay sticker/over sticker on Kia/Hyundai. I remember when the Stinger came out, a couple of months later they offered me up to $10k off, may be more if I really tried. Also, in my experience, Limited models are slower to sell, unlike the base models, so there is even a greater potential to deal with overstocked dealers.