Signed: Genesis G70 3.3T Sport 36/12 $525/mo driveoffs

Just signed! 2019 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport rear wheel drive
Demo car with 50 miles on it (“used”)
36/12
$1200 drive offs, 0 msd, $525/mo tax included
Free car washes for life, free concierge service for 3 years, etc… (genesis perk)

I love this car! More fun than anything I drove in its class and way more luxurious. Great ride, awesome power, and it’s not a bmw or Mercedes or audi which are everywhere around here. (I like them all but I also like having something a little different)

MSRP: $ 50,500
Selling Price: $ 44,000
Monthly Payment: $ 525 Inc tax
Cash Due at Signing: $ 1200
MSD: 0
Incentives: 3000 lease cash

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00046 bumped from .00009
Residual: 51%

Region: socal
I can’t get the calculator to equal what I’m paying, not sure why

18 Likes

Pretty sweet looking ride.

1 Like

Beautiful car! Nice to see them start to deal on these.

1 Like

Beautiful car! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Very nice but I wish Hyundai leases where better.

3 Likes

Sick looking car! I’ll bet your going to be very happy with it. Congrats.

1 Like

If nothing else, they’re good at math despite it costing them in market penetration. It’s a shame they won’t accept a little risk now to really get the metal out there and more people wanting them…

2 Likes

This is good. I’m thinking these will start getting better once the dealer network has better footing to support more cars out there.

1 Like

It’s possible but the dealer network is really going to have to make some changes to turn perception around, until then they need to increase their risk more in form of better incentives, higher RV’s and low MF’s to at least get more people to try the brand so they can get more feedback on what customers expect at this price point.

If significantly more established marque’s are doing this, then they also can.

1 Like

Beautiful car. And glad to see prices moving downward.

3 Likes

If it was a demo car, just a heads up - you don’t get the Genesis perks, like free concierge, free maintenance, free Sirius XM, map updates, or Genesis Connected Services, nor the 10 year 100k powertrain warranty.

They will view your car as used. It will all be active at first, but a month or two later it won’t be (once they get and review the contract). These services are for “new” cars only.

I learned the hard way when I bought a “demo” car, unknowingly.

3 Likes

Treating used buyers as second class citizens is going to have to change too.

Once enough cars get out of warranty and require OOP repairs this is likely to be revised as parts/service comprise a significant revenue stream for both OEM and dealer.

2 Likes

Yikes, that kind of stinks. Thanks for the info.

Hmm that’s interesting. I was told specifically the opposite by the dealership so we’ll see. I’m not very worried. Only thing is I might miss a month or two based on the 36 month clock starting when it originally was registered. The dealer seemed pretty knowledgeable and the guy who I negotiated with was the gm who definitely seemed like a good guy and straight shooter so I’m sure he’ll take care of me. Overall a great buying experience. I’m keep you guys updated…

Of note. I had several dealerships tell me I couldn’t lease the program car. Obviously they were wrong because I leased a program car haha. So many sales people don’t know anything about their own product. But the gm knew what he was talking about

I’ve been fighting with Genesis corporate over this for a while. Seems my only leg to stand on is that I wasn’t told mine was a demo car.

1 Like

Most dealers will only discount this around 3k before any incentives which i think is small. I git a quote for it for $560 with 2k das. 3 yrs/36k with conquest which is a $1000 and military$500 and i believe lease cash is $3000. Msrp was 52715 and residual is at 53%. They need to offer a larger incentive to get these things On the road. They are beautiful cars and this thing pulls hard too. I like it but not worth what they are asking for.

I thought demos were considered new because they were never titled… Am I misinformed?

$560 is basically 330i M-sport or C300 amg-line money. Those have 255hp while the G70 3.3T has 365. I can’t think of any car you could get for that price that comes near the G70 in terms of power, luxury, ride, features, etc. My car has HUD, lane keeping assist, dynamic cruise, and everything else. An equivalent C43 would cost 70k and 850/mo. I looked and looked and almost got the G70 as a consolation choice but it is actually a much nicer car than my Mercedes C450 (C43) that it replaced. Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s an M340i I could get into for $550.

2 Likes

Q50 redsport with a lower monthly too. 0 down. Fully loaded. It doesnt have an hud though or ventilated seats. The lane keep assist on highways is way better than the genesis because you dont have to put your hands on the wheel every ten secs and has more hp

1 Like