SIGNED! And Buyout Immediately, Volkswagen ID.4 Pro S RWD | $509 Mo | DAS : $3999 | 36m 10k Mi | MSRP $47k+

Having search next car for a while and finally signed this one. Here is the number I got:
MSRP: 474XX
Selling Price: 42700 (9.9% off)
EV Credit 7500
MF 0.00384

Also already got the payoff quota from VW
Based on number the final OOD is around 41k and about 22% off MSRP

For the tax, VCI calculation is confusing, so VCI will collect part of tax (listed in the quote), and there is another Bill Of Sales listed $176xx as the sales price, which I guess will be the number used by DMV to charge (remaining) sale tax

12 Likes

So what’s the total calculation on the total cost of ownership for this (with and without taxes) ?

1 Like

Congratulations! Very close to my deal and in California. That’s awesome! As far as tax each state is different and I don’t know California but VW is supposed to collect all taxes at the buyout but I’ve heard others in California and other states getting money back from them collecting too much tax. I haven’t gotten my title yet but I’m not sure what it will be in my case.

before tax is about 36k then tax at 9.875%+ acquisition fee+1st month rent charge

2 Likes

What was your ID4 deal?

I’m in Norcal and debating getting into a ID4 if i can get the 10% off msrp like OP

Which dealer did you get this from OP?

this is the last 2022 model in the dealership and i checked the whole bay area only have few 2022 cars left I think you can just search the inventory and mail the dealership to see if they can honor the similar deal. For 2023 I heard you can get 3400 off from Sunnyvale

General Question… if your intention is to buyout a lease right away, does it matter what your money factor is? If the dealer says”we’ll give you $1500 more discount if you take a 25% interest”, is that kosher?

The buyout amount doesn’t factor in future interest payment, or does it?

1 Like

almost no. If you buyout immediately only the first month rent charge will be different and I guess the real difference is just tens of bucks

2 Likes

amen… the answer i was looking for.

And that’s how you do it! Thanks for posting the VCI screenshot. Many always ask for it.

Sales tax is always an estimate, you can call them and get someone to sort it out in a higher department. For NJ folk they will just make you sign a tax exemption form and they’ll take it off.

Nice deal!

Which NorCal dealer?

Btw, is it just me, or do the Id.4 brake pedal feel squishy and weak? That was my only critic of the car.

Just got email from Sunnyvale said they now provide 3500 off for pro and 4000 for s but they only have 2023 model I think (which msrp is higher but provide some new function like lane change assistant)

Not bad at all for a 2023…

Never mind that MSRP is way higher 2022 is the way lol

Yes that is partial reason why we choose 2022 model

Incredibly helpful to have posted the screen shot. I plan on doing the same on an Audi Q5e and - I’m told and hope - that the Audi leases are the same terms/provisions since they are all under the VW Credit umbrella.

I am totally new to leasing, but been on the hunt for an ID.4.

This below seems like a terrible deal ya?

Retail $54,090.00
Total Savings $379.12
Rebate $7,500.00
Selling Price $53,710.88
REGISTRATION $60.00
TITLE FEE $75.00
Inspection Sticker $35.00
DOCUMENT FEE $449.00
Acq. Fee (Lender fee) $699.00
Paid by Customer $2,000.00
Residual Value $28,667.70

At least in Bay Area 3000off is a starting point as I saw Both Sunnyvale and SF posted deals around this price.

The car is good but not perfect and I don’t see why the car is more expensive than a model Y

1 Like

The first post has a 10% discount