Signed a lease, SUV not picked from dealer, MF went down and discount added - what are my choices to reduce lease rate

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

7 Likes

Who’s the dealer?

Sorry, do not understand the lease lingo. I am supposed to go pick the car from nearby state and was supposed to make the first set of payments there. Rest I assume I will get billing from BMW Financial services. Is that what you mean by funding?

My understanding is - if the additional rebate is given by BMW and BMW lowered the MF, the dealer is passing through to BMW.

Tell me who your broker is and I’ll tell you who the dealer is lol

6 Likes

Tell ‘em you won’t pick it up that should work - what dealer?

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

So why did you sign it?

If you were ignorant of the changes that’s on you. You paid a broker to … let’s call a spade a spade here… to remain oblivious to the actual negotiating.

If the other broker missed out on your business by not replying earlier then that’s on them.

Seems like everyone wants to have it both ways.

1 Like

You’re not helping dum dum always yelling at people - leave him alone please leave him alone

Only the broker and dealer can help him - what’s with the I’m the high almighty- don’t make me take ur girl kid

3 Likes

No takesies backsies.

If you already signed and the car already RDR’d you’ll likely just have to take what you signed or refuse to pickup (deal unwind) and start shopping again if they won’t re-sign you using July programs when you pickup.

All of that is moot of course if you’ve already picked up.

4 Likes

Just when I thought I’ve seen it all :joy:

5 Likes

If the dealer doesn’t offer the courtesy of redoing the contract for July, you can walk away as others have mentioned. You will in all likelihood forfeit your broker fee and the chances of the dealer/broker working with you again is nil. So then you’d have to find another broker and/or dealer to do the deal using the July rates. Might make sense for you to go that route but understand the risk.

3 Likes

amazed a human being with eyes would sign for one of those at any price

3 Likes

Function over form.

3 Likes

Thanks. I was just trying to understand the alternate scenarios. Of course I have sent messages to broker as well as dealer.

Thanks. I will work with them. Just wanted to see what the experts have to say.

Yes, you clearly mentioned the scenario well.

Bow down :man_bowing:

Yes, my bad. Prices changed between my paying the broker (late evening June 30th - I guess they had to close quarter) and my signing the lease contract (6 days later with a long July 4th weekend in between) and I did not check that everyday for those few days.
I just wanted to see what choices I have.

Based on what I have seen here in some of he meaningful replies - it is what the dealer and broker can help me with and if I don’t like that and I have not made any funding yet, I have some flexibility …

Again I just wanted to understand the process.

Thanks and everyone here have a great week.

1 Like

IME dealers typically notarize deals like this to prevent an unwind. Would have to see everything that was signed/notarized aside from the lease agreement, but assume there is something that takes the place of tires leaving the parking lot. I almost did this in a prior lease (went-in instead), when I asked for copies of what would be notarized there was an additional agreement to that effect.

If it changed by over 100/month it’s likely more than just the programs changing. The other broker probably was offering a larger discount.

Anyways what’s with society lately thinking it’s cool not to honor agreements. Then again if the president is telling everyone they don’t have to pay their debts they agreed to then I guess why should you have to take a car.

4 Likes

I like pretty things :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes