SIGNED: 21 XC90 Insc 67k. 36/12 $695

What’s the wrong with sharing a deal good or bad? If it’s not a good one, then OP can learn from his\her mistake. This a good learning opportunity for other people too.

2 Likes

All should know that the MB R350 I traded had 170k, needed a new trans/diffetential/intake manifold and timing chain…Work requiring 4k plus in work to keep on the road. and it barely made.it to the dealer to trade it in… CarMax estimated value at $200. Considering it was 1step from the junkyard, I was surprised.they offered $2500.

3 Likes

Don’t let people rain on your parade on lease deals… sometimes its just not worth all the trouble to get these ridiculous deals.

I just leased a volvo XC60 Inscription and its a sweet car. Volvo covers maintenance as well. Enjoy the car and we can only strive to get better deals in the future.

By the way, you really should try out the Pilot Assist feature, I drove an accord 2018 for years and the volvo’s system is amazing. It can steer the car in almost any traffic situation, low speeds and highway.

It was much better than the Audi Q5 that I drove, and its way cheaper.

Also, you NEED to go into settings and turn on the colored mood lighting! only the inscription has it and it makes the whole interior have a colored lighting, its awesome.

1 Like

Had an 18 S90 67k Inscription back when they literally gave these cars away so I’m familiar. That was my 1st Leasehackr car which cost 440/m all in. Loved that car but returned.it and bought a Tesla M3 Dual.Motor and Autopilot is truly next level.stuff.

It could be $800 a month for a refreshed F Pace, with 2800$ down, no MSDs, no trade? What is your point???
My post about the F Pace was reasonable, not signed, and $726 a month, I can re post that here too if you would like. I’m also not loaning anyone 7k for 36 months.
MSRP on the F Pace was also 73k and refreshed, not tired, where is your logic in the argument???
And I did NOT sign that deal first and ask later.
These XC90s will be given away soon like 20 MDXs.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

You know better than anyone else, obviously. It is old design, but still better than most.

https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/en-us/models/xc90/2021/awards
https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/en-us/models/xc90/2020/awards

P.S. watch your language

1 Like

I put the * in there so didn’t curse, I just don’t see a comparison.
PS, there should be a sign first ask later thread.

What’s really your problem with this deal?
Your dislike for the old design or your disdain for $7k MSDs have nothing to do with this deal. Do you realize that even if the dealer somehow underpaid $4k for his beater (making it worth $6.5k), the deal would still be at the reasonable 8% off before incentives? As is - it’s at 14% off. Granted, it is usually hard to evaluate deals with trade ins, but not in this case when the OP was just happy to get rid of his beater.

1 Like

First of all, I have a lot of problems.
2nd, sign first ask later, get ripped apart.
3rd, you compared this to the “unsigned” deal that I posted, with no point at all.
I didn’t sign my deal.
It’s refreshed.
MSRP was 72+
No MSDs
No trade
Not a Volvo
Your point?
This wasn’t directed at you, just in general.

I did not, get you facts straight. You can’t even follow your own conversation.

1 Like

I said was not directed towards you, might have taken a while to update the edit.

Gentlemen,
I do realize the XC90 is long in the tooth. My requirement was a Lux or Near Lux 3row SUV. She deserved it for driving the R350 (hearse) for nearly 14yrs. And suffering with years of ridicule…people saying…(man that’s ugly). That was also my initial impression when seeing this MB “minivan” at the 2005 NY Auto show.
It served us well and like an old pair of jeans (torn/expensive to.repair)…My 04 Camry was a much better car.

I cross shopped the 22.MDX A spec, and even with am awesome deal.at 4.8k off I was still at 665/m 36/12 for.a 58k car and 725/m for 62k Advance which is more.comparable to.the xc90. That pricing was before inventory dried up and discounts disappeared from an aggressive dealer on Wayne NJ. Also Palidade Limited 49k leases same/more than 67k XC90. Bottom line, XC90 remains the best bang for the buck in the 3row Lux SUV space. Oh forgot I looked at XT6 and Q7 45 60k w Costco pricing in.March or April and was.still.more $$ and more comparable to a midrange Momentum. Fpace has no 3rd row… so it wasn’t on my list. So with my car dying and new car inventory drying up due to chip shortages, I remain satisfied w my deal. Any others come to mind?

1 Like

Sorry for ripping on your deal, the market is what it is, that’s it.
For others to chime in and compare my unsigned deal with yours and no correct facts or math, apples and oranges.

My point was that you were crapping on him for a deal on a vehicle that was released in 2017 about being tired and old after recently posting about trying to get a deal on a vehicle that was released in 2017. They’re both due for a redesign, even though they both had mid-cycle refreshes lately. It’s hypocritical. And yes, it wasn’t $800/mo, it was $783/mo. I rounded up to a round number.

The fact is, this deal for this car is very good given the current programs and while I agree that it is always better to ask before signing, kicking and screaming about how horrible this deal is makes no sense. It only shows ignorance to the current market.

We all know you hate the idea of msds. That’s fine that you don’t like them. For many, a 10% equivalent guaranteed return with no risk is a great use of money.

My deal was $726 a month, not rounded to $800, MSRP was also 5k higher, not sure how many times I have to repeat it. I guess you just want to forget he traded in a vehicle also, thought trading in a vehicle for a lease was frowned upon, but if you want to make an invalid point it’s not?
MSDs, good luck when you lose your job, or want out of the lease early, or actually need the 7k for something that is not a Volvo.

Again, I also did NOT sign the deal, but asked first.

$726.58 per month for 39 months with $2932 due at sale

(38*726.58+2932)/39=783.13/mo

To normalize for the higher MSRP and use an absolutely irrelevant metric, his payment is 1.04% of the MSRP of the vehicle. Yours was 1.07%. That, of course, means absolutely nothing at all and says nothing about the quality of either deal.

Yes, he traded in a vehicle that he had received other quotes on. The vehicle has value, which was applied directly to his MSDs. There’s nothing wrong with trading in a vehicle as long as you independently ascertain the value and treat it like cash. The issue is when people say “I had $0DAS! *but I also traded in my vehicle with $5k in equity in it”. In this case, other quotes (for MUCH lower) for the trade had been gathered and its value was properly captured in the drive off costs.

I would imagine that most anyone putting $7k in MSDs into a lease on a $67k vehicle has enough spare capital that having that they haven’t pulled from their emergency fund to cover the MSDs, so a job loss is irrelevant. If they don’t, they have no business leasing the vehicle at all, with or without MSDs.

MSDs on a volvo don’t effect your ability to get out of the lease early. The only vehicles that makes any difference on are those that you can transfer, and then it’s just a matter of finding some that understands MSDs. It limits your pool of people in one avenue. As with any investment that isn’t instantly liquid, it shouldn’t be made if you are dependent on the immediate liquidity of the money. That doesn’t make it a poor investment. It just makes it wrong for some people’s financial situations.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t “imagine” or assume anyone’s financial situation because you don’t know, neither do I, never said I did either. He could have millions of dollars, or $7001 and really wanted that Volvo.
Also, which I have already said numerous times, I did not sign the deal. He signed first, asked later.

When you say someone shouldn’t have done MSDs because of very specific corner cases, that’s making an assumption that those apply to them. MSDs make a lot of sense for a lot of people. If it doesn’t work for you, that’s fine, but it is a very reasonable investment for a lot of people.

As stated previously, it’s always better to review before signing than after. No one is arguing that.

In conclusion, this deal is much better than what most of the market is currently supporting for the vehicle based on the presented information. MSDs offered an untouchable return for the practically non-existent level of risk they carry, making them a good investment for anyone able to tie up the funds without concerns about solvency, and its always better to review numbers before signing than after.

Can we agree on that?

1 Like

Not arguing, I think my main point was I never signed my deal and I thought it was just ok anyway.
His deal is ok for the market, but asking first and signing later or signing first and asking later should have their own threads.