SIGNED: 21 XC90 Insc 67k. 36/12 $695

Ya, probably. I didn’t pull out a calculator. Either way, it’s very good. My guess is they’re banking on wholesaling the trade for a lot more than $2500

1 Like

55k is the agreed on price (selling price with any direct to dealer incentives included). 59k is the gross capitalized cost, so selling price plus any capitalized fees.

1 Like

Gotcha. Seems like a lot of fees no? Normally 1k destination and about 900-1k dealer and dmv fees?

$1500ish in upfront taxes were capitalized since NJ is a tax up front state.

Destination is not a normally included fee because it’s part of the msrp already and would be captured in the sales price.

1 Like

Yes MSD was 7k sorry.
I did debate whether to do MSDs and my understanding is that it brought down the payment by $39/m. I estimated that I’d need to earn about 7%/yr. to equal the savings.

More like $52/mo savings. (Net mf reduction × (adj cap cost + rv)x(1+tax rate)

About 8.5% annual roi, but it’s tax free and guaranteed, so you’d need at least 10% investment return to come out ahead.

Nope. It shows $7,500 on the contract (5c). You will get it back, but they took $500 more now.

So including lease cash this looks like a 17% discount including lease cash. Better than anything I’ve seen. Makes sense though I guess if they feel like they got a great deal on the trade in?

Lease cash varies by region, so comparing against other deals on a post incentive basis doesn’t tell you much, unless you’re only looking in one area, but yes, this does look like a great deal and is likely due to them having a path to making a lot of money off the trade.

Impressive!

Seems like a lot for a tired XC90, when is the body style changing?
Wait, you traded a car in, put down ridiculous 7k in MSDs and paying 695 a month for a tired XC90?
Another great deal post, enjoy the car.
There should be another thread of “sign first, ask later” because there are a lot of them.

He did not ask for help - just how he did, and he shared his deal. Any shared deal is a valuable information, even if “7k in MSDs” (actual is $7.5K) is ridiculous to you.

1 Like

Yea, 7k in MSDs is ridiculous, dumping a bunch of money, and a trade in, lending someone 7k for 3 years on a tired mediocre car,is absolutely ridiculous, despite what any brokers/dealer/internet know it all says.
And like every other deal on here, sign first, ask later, WTF is the point?

agree, impossible to assess this deal because we have no idea what the trade was valued at. let’s assume it was worth more than 4k, right? then its 695 with 4k + MSD with an affinity rebate applied. not too hot.

Could be worse, could be $800/mo for a tired F Pace. When is the body style changing?

3 Likes

The trade equity was applied to the msds here, not in addition.

2 Likes

Nobody is forcing you to post here, I appreciate this thread as I do all giving market datapoints.

For the decision aboutMSDs, I separate out if I want the car, and then if I pay MSDs. 8.5% tax free seems like a good decision if one wants a xc90.

1 Like

What’s the best deal you have on xc90? Or less tired mdx 2022? Please share if you have any lead :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol…was thinking same thing when I saw that post. Personal preference, but I’d take the XC90 any day over a similarly equipped F Pace.

2 Likes

What’s the wrong with sharing a deal good or bad? If it’s not a good one, then OP can learn from his\her mistake. This a good learning opportunity for other people too.

2 Likes