Signed: 2024 Volvo XC90 T8 Recharge Plus | $540 / month | 24/10k | $0 DAS + $7k MSD + $3k Trade Allowance | $77,615 MSRP

Hello fellow hackers, just traded in my Jeep Wrangler 4xe lease for an XC90 T8 Recharge Plus. I was getting bored with the Wrangler and the incentives on the XC90 were too good to pass up. I was going to go with a broker but I ended up grinding my local dealer down to be able to trade my Jeep lease in locally and save a bit on the broker fee + transportation + TAVT taxes.

The dealer wanted to give me a bigger discount and number on my trade in exchange for a slightly higher MF to get the deal I wanted.

MSRP: $77,615
Discount: $6,985 (9% off)
Rebates: $7,500 EV, $3,500 lease bonus, $2,000 loyalty, $1,000 Costco
Residual: 72%
MF: 0.00465 (-0.0005 for 10 MSD’s)
Trade-in Allowance: $3,081
MSD: $7,000
DAS: $540.36 (1st month payment)
Payment: $540.36

Calculator

7 Likes

$7k MSD with $540 payment seems off

2 Likes

OP did point that out

:point_up_2::point_up_2:

Ah, I see. I didn’t see that, my bad. Sorry!

No problem.

was that 3.5k lease bonus a local incentive?

Nope, I’m pretty sure that it’s a national offer that’s specific to the XC90 Recharge.

1 Like

Does anyone have more info on this? I can only seem to find the 2,000 holiday cash. The rest is EV, Costco, loyalty, a-plan….

Nope, Volvo incentives are regional and it can be $2k in other places.

2 Likes

Here’s a screenshot of the national offer details showing the $3,500 lease bonus.

1 Like

@Ursus Is probably right, the $3,500 lease bonus is probably regional.

1 Like

The offer is for VolvocarsofGeorgia. Affinity and a-plan (most of the time) are national.

Not commenting on OPs deal (congrats on the car)

The MSDs were calculated incorrectly … Volvo will likely still fund the contract and carry the 7k until their contract terminates

How does the dealer calculate the MSDs wrong (I assumed that came from VCFS)? Anything I should go back to them about?

Also, happy to take any comments on the deal as well.

Unless the dealer keeps the $1,500 as down payment.
@Justin_D1 - check “Refundable security deposit” line on your contract.

Yeah, I double-checked that before I signed. It does say $7,000 for the Refundable security deposit on my lease contract.

If your lease is not funded yet, the dealer may correct and refund you $1,500. Ask them.

MSDs are a formula based on the deal. MSDs are based on your post-tax payment, rounded up to the nearest whole number in increments of $50, post the money factor reduction in payment.

So the math here is as follows (as an example) …

$649 payment is $6500 in MDS / $650 payment is $6500 in MSDs / $651 payment is $7000 in MSDs

4 Likes

Which dealer and what were the specs on your 4xe? Im in a similar boat and lookign to hop from the Jeep to the Volvo. Thanks!

1 Like

I traded in a 2021 4xe Sahara (14k miles) with pretty much every option (safety, advanced, dual top).

I purchased through Dyer and Dyer in Atlanta and happy to give you my sales guy’s name. DM me if you’re interested.