Signed! 2024 Volvo XC90 Recharge Plus | $77,615 MSRP | 24/10 | $685 + tax | First month DAS | NO MSDs!

Hacked this one for my parents. They’ve been wanting to get back into a GLE or X5 but leases are just silly on them lately. Contacted a few Volvo brokers since I had no time to hack a deal for them. One broker said he will only sell to repeat clients (totally cool with that btw) but then got nasty when I then asked another broker from another region if he has inventory. Huge egos with some of the Volvo brokers here on the site. I get it that demand is greater than supply, especially with the PHEV deals and the $7500 applied to the lease, but what happened to just common decency. #end rant

Anyway, ended up with a deal without MSDs that matched some of the best broker deals using MSDs. Plus I saved on a broker fee and shipping (~$1k total right there) since the dealer was 5 miles away from their house. So I’m happy. Was considering one for myself from the same dealer (was willing to do the same deal again) but then I got this for less :blush:

Thanks to all who contribute on here (including the brokers)! I’ve learned so much over the past 5 years!

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2024 Volvo XC90 PHEV NEW
MSRP: $77,615
Selling Price: $69,005 (11.09%)
Incentives on top: $11,000 ($7.5k EV, $2,000 Costco, $500 A Plan via Morgan Stanley)
Effective Monthly Payment: ~$685 pretax ($758 post MI 6% tax on the monthly and rebate taxes)
Drive-Off Amount: $758
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .0046
Residual: 72%
Region: Midwest (Michigan)

PRE TAX calc

9 Likes

Not great. Brokers here offering 13%+

2 Likes

If you don’t mind explaining a plan via morgan Stanley I’m all ears via PM

Have to work for MS🤷‍♂️

4 Likes

I thought having a Morgan Stanley account did the job :joy:
Thanks bear

1 Like

True hackrs get A-Plan for free :wink:

1 Like

First ballot :goat: right here

1 Like

The Kid Mero What GIF by Desus & Mero

When you factor in broker fee and shipping, not really worth it.

Which broker was this?

Why would a broker who told you they aren’t accepting new clients care if you reached out to another broker? And why would they know you did in the first place?

Re Morgan Stanley. My father has a reserve account. Auto discounts linked below. Seems to get you fleet with MB, A plan elite with Volvo, etc.

https://msreserved.com/offers/automotive

1 Like

Not going to name names - no need here. It’s probably obvious for those that read through Volvo broker posts.

4 Likes

PM me a broker with a better no MSD Deal including fees and shipping. Happy to see what I missed out on. Keep in mind this is a 10k lease. Convert to 7.5k and add MSDs, I’d be at $628 pm with first + MSD DAS. I’ve not seen anything that low on a $77k PHEV but happy to learn!

2 Likes

Baseball Mlb GIF by Jomboy Media

1 Like

He gave me a deal on a demo but by the time I decided it was a yes, it sold (I get that… not bitter at all about that). So reached out to someone else. Said person texted the first broker that I was looking for a car. I get a nasty text asking why I’m shopping another broker. Literally in a span of 5 minutes. This on top of the first brokers general pompous attitude on the get go of our initial interaction. I get it buyers on here are ruthless, wanting the best deal. Doesn’t mean a broker needs to act all high and mighty. I got 2 PMs this morning about my deal asking for help. Both said they tried to approach said broker and had the same experience.

In the end, I don’t care. It’s a business, they’re moving cars and doing well. Good for them. Just rubs people the wrong way hence the rant.

4 Likes

My company’s 401k plan is through Morgan Stanley, and we have something called “Morgan Stanley at Work Perks” which gives us A-Plan through MS. I wish I had known this in July.

1 Like

Homie, you can @ me

Firstly, congrats on your car and your deal.

In regards to what you wrote, that’s not what I recall.

We spoke on an appointment. I offered you a car, and you said your parents were on the fence because of the color… you asked for other options if I had something available … to which I replied verbatim, “that car was sold,” so you replied you want to proceed if there is another car available…

So while I’m looking, someone else tells me you had inquired to them, once before we spoke, and just then… so I text you, “So within 15 minutes of me saying that car sold, you’re shopping other brokers?”…

Nowhere in there did I say you can’t or shouldn’t be shopping someone else … you are on an open forum and can find any deal you want.

I run a business; it’s not a personal thing if I don’t sell you a car. I have to triage my available cars against return customers and new people.

The last bit here is that I’ll say it publically… I have and will continue to choose who I will work with based on what I think is their level of interest in what we offer. If you’re shopping multiple brokers, I don’t believe you are that interested in what we provide vs. churning for prices. Forum users are not obligated to buy from us, but we’re also not obligated to sell to them. It’s a partnership and often an ongoing relationship.

So a few points here

1). Text isn’t tonal - no part of my texting or responses was intended to rebuke you beyond asking if you are shopping other brokers. You replied, " My apologies, but I did not reach out until after," & "you understand my situation and car need … "

I ADHD’d and forgot by the following day… it wasn’t a you won’t get a car type thing.

2). Saying I was nasty and that I have a “general pompous attitude” is frankly just disrespectful, and it’s intended to be personal. If I was so nasty, it begs the question, why did you want to buy a car from us? If that car was available, and your parents wanted it, it wouldn’t have mattered that I’m pompous?

3). If you think number 2 is true, please call me and I’ll apologize.

Regardless, you got a deal you’re happy with and congratulations to you.

12 Likes

Hey thanks for the detailed reply. Respect. I disagree on your points (as you did mine) and the actual train of events but not going to turn this into a back and forth. All the best!

1 Like

Those that PM’d those that asked for help, I think I replied to all. Let me know if I missed you.