SIGNED: 2024 Tesla Model Y LR AWD | $505/mo | $250 order fee | $1715 trade-in | 36/10k

, ,

First time poster, lurked on the calculator and SIGNED! section a few times in the past but didn’t notice the forum! Should have come here first, bet I could have done much better. This is my first lease and SO happy to be out of my trade-in!

Trade-in was a 2018 Atlas SEL 4Motion SEL Premium I got used in 2021. I financed it for 7 years and put WAY too much into it before finally getting out. Tesla offered me much more than I expected for it which gave me a little to put into the lease where other offers didn’t even cover the remaining loan balance.

The process was a bit confusing, both a combo of me being unfamiliar with leases and Tesla’s online ordering system. Other than coming here for tips, I would also recommend people wait for a day after ordering before financing with a trade in. I was in a rush to take delivery before the end of March for multiple promotions. There was an error getting a payoff quote and I had to go back in and do that myself and manually submit it. Then I had to redo financing.

Found the window sticker and updated the MSRP.

Window Sticker
Model Y $34,000
White Interior $1,000
Long Range All-Wheel Drive $13,990
Dest & Reg Doc Fee $1,390
MSRP $50,380

Order Agreement
Model Y LR DM AWD $48,990
White Interior $1,000
Dest Fee $1,390
Order Fee $250
Price Adjustment ($5,000)
Total $46,630

I uploaded the lease docs in the SIGNED! link below.

Monthly Payment $505.95
Term 36 mo
Mileage 10,000/yr
Total Payment $18,214.20

Trade-In Allowance $1,715.47
Lease Tax Incentive $7,500
Order Fee (Cash) $250
Gross Capitalized Cost $48,206.89
Adjusted Capitalized Cost $40,363.87
Residual Value $28,755.60
Depreciation $11,608.27
Rent Charge $6,605.93

(Let me know how I did and what I could do better in the future!)

Edit: Totally failed to use a referral code when I SIGNED. Don’t be like me… Use one for extended full self driving and sometimes they give you a year of premium connectivity. If you want to use mine: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jacob171536

12 Likes

Congrats. Good lease on a MY LR. Is the $5k price adjustment for being in the inventory?

1 Like

If you are a net new customer, you should be using a referral code when purchasing.

3 Likes

what is the referral code?

Tesla customers can send you a link with a referral code so the buyer gets a discount and maybe free super charging miles. The referrer (sending the link) will gets points to purchase Tesla items.

Some referrers may offer something in trade to encourage the use of their link. ($$)

1 Like

What is considered net new? I had a reservation at one point that I never used. Wondering if I still qualify for a referral

Congrats on the new ride! Interesting how Tesla now does leases through Ally. Perhaps for lender tax credits in TX?

my lease is through ally also I’m in NY.

Santander.

No lender tax credit since it isn’t actually being sold in Texas.

This is just the standard deal you get with cars that have the inventory discount right?

1 Like

There may be some trade tax credit involved but mostly yes.

TBH I’m not sure… but yes it was marked as available for purchase and wasn’t a custom order. They seem to be pumping them out super fast here in Austin!

2 Likes

I ABSOLUTELY FAILED WITH THIS! I even had one from a YouTuber I watched… but hey now I have one to give out :wink:

1 Like

Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

https://ts.la/jacob171536

They use a few different lenders apparently, here’s a screenshot of a few from one of their support pages:

https://www.tesla.com/support/financing-your-vehicle

Congrats on the deal. I didn’t know Tesla took in a trader.
This is tempting.

1 Like

As far as I know yes… transparency in the pricing wasn’t great and I should have asked more questions!

This is a decent deal for Tesla IMO. I was looking at the regular Model Y and coming up in the $500s/month and my state has no tax.

1 Like

How did the trade in work logistically? Did you go into a Tesla store for it, or did they quote you and then pick it up when delivering your Tesla?

Congrats and enjoy the new car!

2 Likes