SIGNED: 2024 Tesla Model Y LR AWD | $505/mo | $250 order fee | $1715 trade-in | 36/10k

, ,

What are you thoughts on the Model Y coming from an Atlas?

Thanks! Of course the logistics can change at any point but this was my process:

Everything is done on the website and app. You have 0 interaction with another person (unless there is a mistake or problem then things get spicy). Basically you go to their site (hopefully using a referral code). I used the select inventory, but you can also do a custom model. Find what you want and place an order. The $250 fee is non-refundable but goes towards your down payment so it’s not just an additional cost.

Next you’ll get an email with the order outline and a link to create or login to your Tesla account. They’ll redirect you to the app and EVERYTHING is done in there. Used vehicle trade in information, Financing, registration, signatures, Etc. You will also schedule your pick up date. I decided to get the Tesla auto insurance there as well, it’s an adjustable rate based on your driving score using all the cars sensors.

I made a mistake at this point by trying to complete everything as fast as possible. (Wanted the march specials) I accepted the quote for my trade-in, plugged in all my existing loan information. I went straight into The lease financing and Tesla didn’t have the chance to confirm my payoff quote. I would give it a good 24 hours before moving on from the trade-in to the new lease financing if you’re trading in a vehicle. It took a few days, but I was eventually able to get a hold of a human who referred me to another human who referred me to another human, who was able to fix the problem. They had me get the payoff quote and submit it manually.

Then, in Texas and some other select states, they have to mail you an overnight packet to sign and return. They have you take photos of all the forms you’re signing and email it in so there’s no delay in picking up your car. I mailed back the packet the same day I picked up.

After that, it was super simple, they either deliver to your house or in my case you pick up at a local distribution center. I parked removed my plates and toll tag, Had a couple more signatures inside the center, then they took me to a large parking lot where everyone was picking up their cars. Easily 200 cars in the lot with them bringing more as people were leaving with their new cars.

After some research, I knew this was a big point that I needed to go to over the car with a fine tooth comb and document any imperfections and log it in the Tesla app for a service appointment. There was a small stain on one of the white seats that they cleaned on site but otherwise have an appointment to get Small cosmetic things fixed and a panel gap.

Let me know any other questions!

1 Like

My experience with the atlas was very tainted from three months in. I absolutely love the size and space in the driver seat, but with the 3G radio going down and Volkswagen stringing people along with a solution to this day is Super frustrating. I am a nerd to, so do you lose all of the smart car features was heartbreaking. The dealerships here were also very unhelpful as well. I don’t think I would buy a Volkswagen again because of the service centers and dealerships in my area.

Like I said, I’m a tech nerd so I’m absolutely loving the Tesla. It’s a bit smaller but still feel like I have plenty of room in the driver seat at 6’2” 350lbs. I don’t have kids so never needed the third row, just like the storage space. With the Tesla frunk and the sub trunk storage I feel like I have plenty of room.

Currently where I live I only have access to a 110 outlet at home and a 110 outlet at work where I can charge for free. It’s a slow trickle charge but fine for my commute of 25 miles working 24 hour shifts. There are also nearby superchargers if I need to top off quickly.

1 Like

Hi,

I see that you didn’t pay any sales tax. In Texas you have to pay a 6.25% tax on the whole amount. Is it because your trade-in value was more than the New Tesla. If let’s say someone doesn’t have a trade-in, then they would have to pay the sales tax in addition to the down payment. Thank you in advance.

This and the fact that you can’t purchase or trade at lease end make it a deal breaker. If I could get around the tax upfront maybe I’d consider it.

So I have not heard yet. I definitely have not paid anything separately but have not received my registration yet either. I’ll let you know when I do!

It’s definitely perplexing. Especially with Tesla offering cheaper prices routinely to flood the market with EV.

Just an update, got some plates and registration sticker. No additional fees or taxes due. I’m assuming they baked it in over the lease term. I’m going to have to go to the tax office since they didn’t transfer my custom plates from my old car. During the order process I filled out all the forms to have them transferred. Tax office said Tesla is bad about just sending new plates and asking customers to do the transfer themselves.