SIGNED! 2024 Rivian R1S quad $903/month. Taxes, $1k deposit and fees DAS $4400 total

I’ve been looking at one for a while and might bite this month after the test drive if it all goes well. How did you negotiate the discounts or did that happen after the fact? Is there a way to contact first before submitting the online $1000 and see if any additional discounts can apply?

Congratulations, fellow R1S owner! With the exception of captains chairs I love mine as well. Dual motor, more than enough for my needs (with the two kids under three).

No such option. You have to do the $1,000 deposit prior to the process.

In fact, I had a $1,000 reservation for a purchase originally, that I essentially lost when I switched to leasing. I had to put down $1,000 separately again for leasing.

Growing pains as part of a startup. Ok in the grand scheme of things.

(and, I also have a reservation for the R2)

Weird, I had my $1000 for reservation from 2021 and it went to the lease fine. Got added w/ tax credit.

Best way for additional discounts is to pick something from the Shop of already built cars. Talk to inside sales before clicking the confirm button and see if they’ll help out. You will have a better chance of discount during the factory close or end of quarter.

Most of us probably purchased at end of quarter (March 24) to get that free paint or wheels.

1 Like

Maybe because you were one of the early reservation holders? I’m not sure.

My purchase reservation was in mid 2022, so perhaps they changed the policies by then

I tried getting the $1,000 back, but was not successful.

Gotcha, that is weird about the $1000 but I will say this has been the weirdest/annoying purchase process.

• Worst was BMW leasing dealing with a certain dealership due to salesperson. Literally was screaming at me for talking to another dealership.

• Easiest but still annoying was Tesla purchase cause I did all the work finding the loan.

• Rivian has been the most frustrated and annoying process.

• Having to put down $1k before seeing any numbers. Going forward with just saying leasing made my deposit go towards that vehicle before seeing final numbers. When I said lets more forward with lease, my vehicle price went up $20k+

• I’m a day before pickup and I still haven’t seen the final lease papers.

• I’ve only talked to sales in a rushed version to get a car, stock was limited to whatever they could deliver in a few days. I saw a better deal for a car I’d be happy with, but sales did not get to me in time before that vehicle disappeared. Sales did not return emails or show up to calls when scheduled.

• Sales and Guide has been unresponsive

1 Like

Weird about the vehicle.price going up.

I agree that some of the communication could be better, but I’m also aware that this is a startup, and okay to work around that.

Personally, I got the same lease price for 15kmiles when I thought they were only giving me 10k miles, so I’m happy.

Getting Rivian to confirm that Chase has my lease/ documentation? That was a pain. It was resolved in a week but for that whole week, Chase has no knowledge that I even had a new vehicle. And I had already put close to 500 miles on it.

So, yeah, teething issues. You will like the vehicle. Take the plunge. :slight_smile:

I’m in the stage of getting my numbers finalized with them as well. Currently battling the Documentation Fee. I’m in Ohio where the max is $250 and they’re trying to charge $347. My guide isn’t responding to my question on it either.

Depending on their upstream contacts and processes, the guide may be extremely helpful or downright useless.

Just my observation.

That seems very low.

Im checking 1 out right now with the 99,200 MSRP and specs (other then color).

And even choosing 740+credit, and zero down. 24 months is $1101/month and 36 is $991. Pre tax of course. Through Rivian website.
This is already including the $7500 off isnt it?

how in the world did you get $903 with that MSRP

It could be they’ve changed incentives this month? Or residual etc may have changed. Screen shot the exact car and msrp if you don’t mind. I’ll take a look

here is 1 on there now

Ah okay. So with my deal. I had to do the $1k deposit. You will too.

So to get a truer estimate. Add that $1k to your down payment.

For March, they were also giving a free “accessory” and marking that off the list price. In my case, they knocked off $3500 for the 22” blacks.

So, assuming they’ll do that for you (ask your guide, and if they don’t tell them your friend got that deal and that’s the only reason you want it too. Never hurts to try)

So enter $4500 into your down payment on that calculator

That should give you close to $900 and is a truer real cost per month assuming they knock off the $3500

So, at signing you’ll have paid the $1k deposit. Taxes $595 acquisition fee and there’s a cheeky $1895 destination charge you find out about at the end.

They may let you amortize some of that into the payment but you’ll have to ask them.

Hope this helps.

Mine is very similar to that exact spec but green. For what it’s worth, best car I’ve ever owned. Having come from Jeep wranglers and Tesla’s the last decade, it’s just perfection for me. Way smoother than a jeep on my back and just as quick if not quicker with the quad than my teslas.

Good luck

1 Like

Isn’t Rivian going bankrupt?

Got you, yeah I already did the $1k.

Not sure if the accessory offer would still be going on. You signed in march?

No one knows that.

I too had a model 3 performance and grand cherokee hybrid now.

So the payment its showing, its already including the $7500 off correct?

Yeah R1Ss aren’t necessary hacker deals but I’m about to bite the bullet and pay a little extra for a lease I 100% want and get one. Now just debating on if I should gamble and see what May incentives are.