Signed! 2024 Q8 etron Prestige Launch Edition Quattro SUV - LH Years: 8.9

, , , ,

2024 Audi Q8 etron Prestige Launch Edition SUV
Mythos Black Metallic | Flint Gray Interior | Launch Edition | AC Charging Package | Trailer Hitch

-Lease Terms-

Months: 36
Annual Miles: 12,000
MSRP: $91,940
Sales Price: $80,214 (12.75% off)
Incentives: $14,800 (PHEV: $7,500 | Audi Cash $5,000 | Costco $1,500 | Central Region Dealer $800)
Residual Value: 52%
Money Factor: .00275
DAS: $940 | 1st month’s payment (acquisition & doc fee in payments)
Payment before Audi Care: $852/month before tax, or $932/month after tax (9.35% KS sales tax rate)
Payment after Audi Care ($999 plan cost): $860/month before tax, or $940/month after tax.
MSDs: None

LH score: 8.9 years (Including Audi Care 8.8 years)
LH Calculator: Click Here
Effective Monthly Cost: $984 (Including Audi Care $992)

Why Q8
Well I absolutely fell in love with an EV when I first test drove a BMW i4 in mid-January 2023. Was fortunate enough to get a call 1st week of February that somehow a factory production car opened up. With others waiting many many months I decided to snag it. It is by far the best car I ever owned. Unfortunately, last week my son who uses a walker received a new walker and sadly it simply does not fit in the trunk. So I knew what needed to be done and it was get rid of my best ever car and find another. Found what I thought I wanted, was about to sign but then found this site this weekend and inspiration from @calbearsjase and his incredible deal on a Q8.

I had already found a decent deal on a Volvo XC40 Recharge for $627/month. But based on the Q8 post by calbearsjase I dove in and researched the Q8. Liked what I read and watched but then I test drove it and fell in love!! My first car in 1997 was an Audi 5000 CS Turbo with black exterior & black interior. I literally worked just to afford the power steering hydraulic fluid that leaked through that amazing car. The nostalgia of those 4 rings came back during that test drive.

Negotiating Tactics
I am a bit old school so felt a phone call would be a solid tactic instead of the emails. I called to introduce myself chatted casually for 1-2 minutes and then said what I was after and immediately switched to 100% texting after that. Stated I was searching a multistate area from as far north as Minneapolis, MN, as far south as Dallas, TX and east to west from Nevada to Tennessee and that I already drove the car locally and knew exactly what I wanted. I said that the only thing that mattered to me was prestige and that I was open to colors and options as long as it was on the lot. I said I was choosing the lowest bidder within 48 hours. Reality was I either wanted an all blacked out version or white with Black Optic. In addition, I had a very very strong preference to the AC Charging Package as the BMW i4 had the charging port on rear passenger therefore my charger was on the passenger side and the optional charging port on the Audi would simplify life a lot.

Once I got the first offer on a Prestige, I just kept calling and working deals to get what I felt was the best deal I could get. Then I started working for what I wanted. I used the best offer and called every dealer in that multistate area again that had the exact two color options I wanted along with the AC charging port. The only concession I feel I made in the end was that I had to use Maverick notary service which was quoted at $400 and we ended up splitting it at $200.I definitely ended up with my absolute #1 choice.

The amazing thing in all this is that due to learning to negotiate and work the calculator I got the following result compared to my BMW i4: Audi 62% more than BMW MSRP but monthly payment only went up 12.2% with same years, miles, amount up front but the options/colors I wanted and Audi Care coverage and the BMW I took what was available with no maintenance package.

Official pics to follow!

7 Likes

Congrats on the new ride and I’m glad that the time I took to write mine up had value to you and inspired you to go out and find a good deal of your own!

A couple notes/questions —

1. Why did you put the incentives as untaxed? I had to pay an extra $1400 or so in taxes on the incentives. Is that something your state doesn’t require, and if so, are you sure?! (If true - wow - big savings.)

2. What’s buy rate MF on the prestige where you live? It looks marked up, which definitely dilutes the discount and is a little misleading. Real discount closer to 9.8% if buy rate is .00205. But prestige MF is a little higher perhaps than P+ so maybe it’s somewhere in the middle. Either way, a respectable discount and a big part of why I hate when they juice the MF.

Post pics! And enjoy!

Great question other than the taxes do not appear on the sales contract other than the taxes do impact my monthly payment. Possibly because I am out of state…CO Dealer w/ KS buyer. When I register it then maybe I will pay at the DMV. Any thoughts?

Where I live people on Edmunds website said .00235 and $12,500 in rebates w/o Costco. So I got an extra $800 in incentives so will help pay taxes at the DMV if needed. Based on .00235 what would the MSRP real discount be?

Thanks again for the inspiration. Next year when we swap out the 2021 XC90 I’ll be back to find another great deal!

It sounds like you got max incentives you were eligible for, which is awesome. They got rolled into the deal so I’d consider them part of the deal, not a tax offset - but yes, awesome you were surprised with extra $2300 in incentives that you didn’t know about. I also thought it was $5k and then jumped more quickly when I realized they were $16,500!

My guess is you’re going to pay your tax rate x $14,800 at the DMV - in addition to whatever you’d normally owe to register the car. For the sake of an accurate LH calc/score, if that happens, you should go back to the calc and change them to taxed incentives and also add in all your DMV/reg fees/other taxes you may owe (minimal) into the government fees section. Not sure if it’ll change your score but it’s more accurate.

They juiced your MF from 00235 to 00275, which translates to bumping your interest rate from 5.6% to 6.6%. It means instead of a 12% discount, you really got more like an 11.1% discount - still solid.

You can see how they tweak things to make money :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s your thoughts on MF closer to buy rate vs larger discounts upfront? You can get to the same monthly price in a variety of ways.

At the end of the day only two dealers were willing to get a monthly price at the $930-$940 range pre Audi Care. I contacted around 25-30 dealers. All but four no quoted when asking for 10% off MSRP plus all incentives as a starting point, two were over $200 more a month and wouldn’t budge any further and the remaining two were within $10 but didn’t see MF/RV from the one I didn’t go with as it didn’t even have the AC Charging package. The $10 difference was after adjusting the MSRP for lack of the AC Charging package.

At the end of the day with the amount of no bids and lack of options where I got down to I feel like it was good for the empty Midwest and very comfortable with it.

You did very good for anywhere, anything equal to 9-10% and buy-rate would be a solid deal on these cars, yes some people get more, but you did very well on this car.

1 Like

I prefer talking terms at buy rate because it makes easier to compare apples to apples. At the end of the day, I agree it comes down to the overall deal. As long as you understand how to calculate for equivalence and see the quality of deal, it’s all good - I just don’t like having to do more math to understand it than necessary because it’s more work.

You did very well!

Very interesting point as it does make it easier to understand the structure and compare quicker.

If I understand correctly I think I rather have more upfront discount and the dealer make the money on the money factor as I start off with a better equity position. Is that a fair assumption?

It depends on the price of the car and the spread of the MF delta, since they’re both essentially percentages. Complex formulas!

Is your monthly tax based on CO or KS tax rate?

Tax is based on KS.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.