SIGNED: 2024 Porsche Macan , $72000 MSRP, $977.93/mo., $977.93 + $489.07 (for 20K Service) DAS for 39 m/term 10,000 mi

To moderators: I don’t feel comfortable uploading my lease contract with personal information. Please move this topic to appropriate thread if warranted.

Numbers first:

New 2024 Macan w/13 mi on odometer upon inception.
MSRP: $72000
Includes: Premium Package Plus, jet black metallic paint, Porsche Crest on headrests, lane keep and lane change assist, surround view camera, BOSE surround sound system
Discount: 9.75%
Sales price (agreed upon price of vehicle) $64,979.18
Sales tax charged: $1,851.77* (received $2076 tax credit for trading in my GLC300, See below).
2021 GLC3004Matic pay off quote from MBFS: $34616.25
Dealer paid: $34616.25
CarMax appraised value (effective through 10/02/23): $34600
Fees charged: Acquisition Fee: $1095.00
Disposition Fee: $595
Doc fee: $500.00
License, Title, Reg fee: $331.00.
RV: 65%
Final DAS: 979.83 (lease calculator I used shows $981.53 when I plug in all numbers, not sure what accounts for difference).

I have made a conscious decision to purchase extended service (dealer went over all the programs and was repeating “this is for informational purposes, no pressure, you don’t have to buy any of it and can wave any extra charges”).
I know I can drive to my local lube center for oil change, sit in my car and wait while they change the oil and I would be paying $120 for full service/Mobil 1 oil change. However, I don’t want to take this car to my local shop and have no desire to pay $1200 to Porsche to do it. Fist service is on them, but the 20,000/2yr is not covered).
So, I decided to buy PSMP for 995.00
With it, I have got 1% bump on RV.
I paid almost half of it ($489.07) up-front in cash.
The rest was added to Capitalized Cost, and with 1% bump in RV my monthly payments were further reduced to $977.93 for the life of the lease.

Dealer gifted All Weather Porsche Rubber Mats ($150 retail value), which I was going to buy anyway (I asked for price to purchase it while waiting for finance manager to finalize papers
to sign and they said “you don’t have to pay for it, it’s on us, free of charge”), so my true cost of the extended service is around $340. I didn’t mind spending that for second Porsche service at authorized dealer versus taking it to my local mechanic for 20,000 service.

Overall, I had a fantastic experience, day and night difference after dealing with Mercedes dealers locally.

This, of course, was not the first Porsche dealer I contacted. Some tried to lowball me on my trade-in, assuming I would accept their offer for the sake of getting tax-credit in return. Others were trying to mark up MF. One even lied to me, saying the Tier 1 gets 0.00490 because it’s Porsche and they have always been like that , which I knew wasn’t true.
Recently, I tried to engage Autocompanion brokers here. They were not responsive after I sent them a vin number for my trade in car, they offered me a loaner quote with 16% off (I was not interested in loaners) and had not responded when I asked for a quote on 11% off MSRP new Macan. This is not to bash them or complain about their service. They simply thought I was not a serious buyer and assumed it would be a total waste of their time to work with me. Which is totally fine and understandable.

I also had a dealer that agreed to sell Macan with 8% discount on $67400 MSRP and 0.0036 MF after much haggling and back and forth. That dealer also lowballed on trade-in value, but then came back saying “Ok, we will honor the CarMax appraised offer”.
However, before I went to dealership to pick up the car I asked for final numbers in print. Received “proposal sheet” that had 8% off on their car, my car fully paid off, but with added etching for theft protection, some third party add on fee for title and reg processing, and $990.00 DAS/monthly. Numbers didn’t make any sense, I told him they are charging me $1500 in hidden fees somewhere, because there is no way on Earth to get $990/DAS on $67,400 after 8% discount and $2076 tax credit if MF is 0.0036, as I was quoted. My numbers were at $948/mo.
I understood that dealer was not acting in good faith and had no intention to do so (I already had multiple conversations with them), which prompted me to close the deal on a more expensive Macan at a different store (I absolutely didn’t plan to get anything with 70K or above MSRP), and I ended up getting a more loaded car at greater discount.

Always verify your numbers and finalize the deal over the phone before going to dealership to sign the deal.

2 Likes

So what is your DAS?

I have paid $1467.00 DAS, I didn’t want to roll $489.07 into monthly. And I wanted to pay $489 for the 20,000 mi service at Porsche.

Congrats on new ride and thanks for sharing.

This belongs in “Share deals & tips”, not in “ask the hackers”. Please move it back. You don’t have to upload your contract if you’re not comfortable. And please update your total DAS to reflect PSMS portion.

Enjoy your ride and post pics!

1 Like

Then put correct DAS in the title and text?
@RustyDaemon - I moved it to Share and added Porsche, but he’s too smart for that lol

1 Like

Thank you! Will share pics today. I would like to move it to Share Deals and Tips thread, how can I do that?

You should’ve kept it there

When editing title you have an option to change the section:

I have made a change to the deal I have got, I bought something extra on top of dealer’s final quote. I can edit the title, but I will leave a detailed description, emphasizing that my final DAS was $979, and I paid extra out of my pocket to ensure my car gets Porsche service when I hits 20,000 mi.

Where should I have kept it? At $979 DAS? I didn’t want to. I am not taking it to Lube center for second oil change and service.

In Share Deals with Porsche tag, where I moved it. Also, do you understand what DAS means?

It was not DUE though, before I decided to buy something for my car (like all season floor mats from Porsche, ceramic coating, which I will pay for next and etc.). I have paid out of my pocket what I wanted to pay this time anyway (something I didn’t do with other cars I leased in past). I understand what you are saying. That I have actually paid $489.07 cash on top of quoted deal I had and that is what DAS was. I will edit the title. But it was my decision, not a final lease contract in front of me that I had to sign, before I chose to pay for 20000 mi service upfront. Nobody ever sold me extra add-on services or warranties, ever, and couldn’t, in all fairness.

You did very well for yourself here. Out of curiosity, why do you think the title/license fee is an add-on/extra?

1 Like

Thank you, Scott. Re: fee, I thought it was included in $500 Gov Fee charged, isn’t it?

I don’t see a $500 gov fee mentioned? I see a $500 doc fee, which is about middle of the range/standard, some dealers and states are much higher, some are less.

Every lease usually has 3 fees, the Acquisition Fee charged by the bank, the Doc Fee/Dealer Fee which all dealers have, and then your Plates/Reg/Title which is Gov’t fees

1 Like

Then it was not add on, I will edit the text to reflect it was just a title and reg fee.

1 Like

Front only, or front and rear?!

Front only!

1 Like

Can you still unwind?

(It’s a joke)

1 Like

Can you? :grinning: