Mercedes-Benz 2024 GLE450e - lease deal check

I think there is a whole thread I started while looking to replace my GLC (I was considering GLE 350, 450 and 450e), and the value for dollar consideration was the main reason I ended up getting Macan rather than any trim of GLE. So, no disagreement there.

OP: Did you consider the X550e? Over 80k for a 4 cylinder seems expensive for the 450e

Not having to go to gas station is priceless, I don’t have to worry about getting jacked or get Covid from the pump handle😀

1 Like

@Eric51

Kyle from Out of Spec is reviewing in detail GLE450e. Here is the first video (there will be follow up video on this topic as well as he mentions towards the end):

Thank you for posting a video. 58 miles, not bad. Review is a bit long. It would be nice if everything was summarized in a 5-10 min video. This car being hybrid, I was considering it for leasing before I figured the cost was disproportionate to value and there was nothing I could do to get it reasonably discounted.

Now, just out of curiosity: can you drive it in combustive regime, with electric motor just helping to accelerate when you need it? Ideally, this car would use 4 cyl combustive engine while cruising (and charging battery while doing that) , so you could save electric energy for: 1) fast, high torque acceleration when needed, 2) for emergency, when you run out of gas, 3) for those occasions when you elect to use full EV mode (like the guy did for 58 miles). It would also be great to have fourth, mixed (hybrid) mode, where you could reduce use of gas (even when cruising) with the help of supplemental electric engine. But I have no idea how this car operates, never went too deep into researching it once it became clear to me that I wasn’t getting it.

Too bad your father doesn’t like EV charging. if he had a PHEV, would he plug it in?

Probably not lol

He finally is getting used to plugging in the EQS. My brother’s house has a fast charger so he doesn’t mind now

@Eric51 It has hybrid mode as well in selection in the drive mode selection where it runs on a mix.

When you are cruising system switches to electric power and if you need to accelerate gas engine starts up.

I think Kyle will have another follow up video as where he may go into all these details. Also, I would like experts here to chime in as to what is this hybrid mode.

Please go to a dealership evaluate the car before you dismiss it.

1 Like

@mllcb42 has already tried.

2 Likes

I went to Porsche and leased Macan already (see Signed Porsche Macan ).
I liked GLE and was in the process of exploring GLE450e, I would definitely consider it if MB dealers were reasonable, like they were before summer of 2021. I have nothing against car. I still think it’s ok to buy it (lease, get $7500 lease credit and whatever discount you can, then pay it off next day), but not a good pick to lease.

The dealer just offered 7% off MSRP plus the $7,5000 PHEV. Do you think this deal is good enough to sign?

I heard some dealers are also throwing in a free home charger and 2 years of free charging at charging stations.

Is that for a lease or purchase ?

If the OEM is giving it out then any customer can get it.

Any deals on GLE 450 fully loaded version with lease options

Question to the Gurus here:

Suppose I am driving 100 miles. I know the max EV range is 58 miles on 100% charge provided temperature is good.

If I drive in pure EV first I can get max of 58 miles (of course depends on how I drive and how flat is the terrain) and then for 42 miles I am driving in gas mode (carrying that battery as dead weight).

If I drive in hybrid mode – if I am cruising at certain speed EV mode is on, if I accelerate will the EV still come into play or will it switch to gas ? Will I be able to drive 58 miles on pure EV or perhaps longer ?

I am trying to understand how useful will this car be for long commute that I may have to do few times a month.

Rest of my commutes are less than 45 miles.

You’re counting pennies here. Buying one of the most expensive PHEVs on the market doesn’t really make sense if that’s your goal.

Am i understanding your question correctly, you’re asking if there’s a magical way for your battery to provide more juice than its capacity?

Wishful thinking got better of me, but I was wondering if braking in between would help rejuice the battery so that 58 could turn to some figure between 60 → 70 ?

Gas mode on a phev isnt only the ice running. You still get electrical assist when accelerating, etc. Every time you brake, energy is captured and then applied again on acceleration.

With a phev, it isnt a binary application of either electric or gas.

1 Like

@mllcb42 Thanks for your reply. So even when my EV battery goes out, I will still get this assist for last 45 miles of my journey. When I get to my destination I have charger (charger at both destinations for me) so I can keep this thing fully charged.

I know in the normal BEV it’s recommended one charges upto 80% unless doing a real long journey. Can one charge PHEV to full 100% on regular basis ? I am concerned what will happen to battery when I am charging it frequently to full 100% on level 2 or level 1 charger.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.