SIGNED!: 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL RWD | MSRP $48,964 | 24/12K | $5999 One-Pay

Signed the deal yesterday at Fontana Hyundai. Ask for Melissa and say John sent you to get the same deal!

2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL RWD
24/12K Lease
MSRP: $48,964
Sell Price: $45,341
Lease Rebate: $10,000
Residual: 72%
Money Factor: 0.00196
Drive Off: $5,999 One-Pay / Single Pay Lease Program

Calculator

8 Likes

I have tried to contact every dealer in Northern California trying to recreate this. Have spent HOURS on it, but most have told me this deal is impossible and anyone saying they got these numbers is lying. :upside_down_face:

If anyone has had luck at this number in Norcal, I think the deal runs through tomorrow, and I would really appreciate any leads.

2 Likes

Nice! This is my dealer too, but my salesperson said no further. Even sent a friend over and they couldn’t get it done. Glad they will honor for others.

To note, the selling price and what is on the contract differs so that depreciation is not negative. I think someone else alluded to this on another post. That’s why the rent charge is funky and we have to play with the calculator to get the right numbers.

1 Like

Wonder if they would still do this tomorrow and back-date for March

The deal should still be available till April 1st. They may still do it. Trying giving them a call.

1 Like

Credit card accepted?

Fyi, Hyundai March programs end today.

Has this been confirmed? Some dealers mentioned it will carry over through end of April

From their website just now.

We shall find out tomorrow or Wednesday.

1 Like

Can anyone help explain why the MSRP shown on the contract is different than listed? I know that it has to do with avoiding negative depreciation - but the dealers I am talking to a thoroughly confused, so any basic explanation on why it is structured that way would be super helpful!

Are you actually sharing OP’s contract with dealers you are working with in hopes that they match this deal?

I had a dealer tell me they would match any deal from another dealer. When I told them I was looking for $5999 one-pay, they told me I was lying and it was impossible to do.
This contract proves it is not impossible, what should I have done differently?

So you just pay $5999 and you’re good to drive the car for 2 years, then return it. No other fees/charges besides that?

Registration renewal one time. Insurance. And, if for some reason it’s totaled, the money is gone.

So did they end up matching?

I would have just told the dealer my number and if they felt I was lying, I would have moved onto another dealer who was more willing to play ball.

I normally use info shared on this forum to put together my own deal. I have never shared a contract from someone here with another dealer, nor have I ever shared the LH calculator.

I worked on my own deal on an Ioniq 5 this past week. My deal was not as good as OP’s, but I was happy with the East Coast dealer I worked with. Once the car has been pickled up over the weekend, I will share more details.

No, they think someone is still lying.

I have spent 20+ hours this week trying to put my own deal together using information from this forum, without sharing Leasehackr. I’ve learned a greater disgust than ever for car dealers and if I don’t get a deal on one of these today, I’m done with the idea of leasing and will just go pay cash for a car from a private party like I have always done.

5 Likes

May I ask what was your offer? The approach I used while negotiating a deal with about 6 Hyundai dealers near me was pretty simple. After initially picking out the trim I was interested in (SEL RWD), I put together a LH calculator with an approx. MSRP ($49k and change). Using the LH calculator, I kept updating the discount off MSRP to see what my monthly payment would be. It gave me an idea of where I wanted to be price-wise.

When I reached out to dealers, I told them I wanted to be at $XXX/month with first months DAS. A couple of dealers were at MSRP, so I quickly moved on from them. There were only a couple that were willing to deal. So I worked with one of them. After a few emails back and forth and phone calls, l ended up agreeing to a deal I was happy with. There was no need for me to share a contract. There was no name calling either. I ended up getting an SEL AWD at a similar discount from the same dealer.

I hated dealing with folks at some dealerships. I can’t believe some salespeople still use the come into the dealership line. All my negotiations were via email and phone.

Good luck.

3 Likes

My offer to every dealer has started with choosing a SEL in stock with the exact MSRP as OPs.
Then asking if they offer one-pay leases. If they do, I say I want to end up with close to $5999 one-pay, and that it will require discounting MSRP, are they willing to consider that? Half are stuck at MSRP, so I move on.

The other half say “We are the most competitive dealer you will find”, then waste my time with offers $3k above target and tell me what I am looking for is “100% impossible”. I offer to go to $6500 - still “impossible”. They waste more of my time, and end up on a “absolute lowest we are able to go is $7800-8400, no one is beating that”.

I tell them I can go through a broker and end up less than that, so maybe I will go that route.

They respond with “brokers are a scam. They will just take your money through zelle and ghost you”

1 Like

I was going to recommend that.

I laughed at this.

it’s honestly a numbers game and right moment and right person. You have to realize that these dealers are flooded with similar requests as yours. It helps to be personable with the sales rep.

95% of sales rep will most likely see your request and throw some number back at you take it or leave it type of deal. 5% of them will actually try to work with you and if they try to replicate the numbers at their dealership they need upper management approval.

You can read the language from their responses, if it’s shallow and it doesn’t seem like they would play ball, just move on.

2 Likes