SIGNED!: 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL RWD | MSRP $48,964 | 24/12K | $5999 One-Pay

This is more of a PSA (Public Service Announcement) to folks seeing some of these crazy deals being posted. A few points:

• Some of these deals could be one-off and not replicable with the same dealer
  • Some of these deals could be end of the month specials
  • Some of these deals could be finding the right dealer at the right time of the month, looking to move one or more units to hit a sales goal

EDIT: Getting anywhere near 10% off MSRP on an Ioniq 5 is not the norm.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not true. Depends on realized value and adjusted lease balance. You can receive a credit depending on these factors.

Yes. Thatā€™s possible as a general case. For this Ioniq5ā€™s case, residual is at 35k (SEL RWD). With the way these vehicles are currently depreciating, I donā€™t think insurance will value it any higher than that. It may hold higher till end of 2024

I feel you man. Keep at it and hope they extend the deal because hyundai is manufacturing a lot of SELā€™s so the supply should be higher than the demand. I contacted almost every dealer in a 100 mile radius and only got two that would be willing to do one-pay lease option. It is uncommon and must be done with physical paper work instead of e-filing so a lot of dealers are scared away by that. Also, the dealer needs to pass on the MF discount of .00090 to you instead of taking that in as profit. They need to have enough stock and be willing to reduce MSRP. So long story short, the stars just have to align. Happy to help in anyway I can! :fist_right:

1 Like

I inquired about the Ioniq on website yesterday morning. She said he would match my price and set up an appointment for 6:00pm. I couldnā€™t make it so I texted her. she told me to come in late and reconfirmed the price I wanted. I drove 90 minutes to the store and she told me they were all sold out. I was told on the way out that she still had 4 cars left.

I donā€™t understand why they lied to me. The manager told me that she is not an employee of Hyundai. But she used the number of the Hyundai store. I drove 3 hours yesterday. I am very angry and uncomfortable.

What price and who is she?

Can you clarify who you spoke with? Iā€™m just trying to understand what happened here.

1 Like

Friend picked up the last RWD from Fontana last night. Also drove about 90 miles each way to do it and was told the same thing. First come first serve, 4 cars left.

Most dealerships use a BDC that is off site and just fields calls and sends info to the dealer.

she confirmed $5999. name is angel duenas.
i donā€™t know manager name. big guyā€¦
they still have white stock in website.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Your best bet right now is to shop other dealers or go with a broker. You might not get the same $5999 deal, so be prepared to adjust your budget.

I think this is a scam.
Iā€™m going to report this to Hyundai headquarters or the BBB.

I called Fontana yesterday around 4PM and spoke to Melissa who advised me they only had one Ioniq 5 SEL RWD remaining for the $5999 one-pay. Was told to hold off on making the drive because it could be sold within the hour.

I called back around 5PM to check availability and Angel advised me they had four (4) Ioniq 5s available to sell at $5999 one-pay. I thought that was strange.

Finally ended up reaching out to Puente Hills Hyundai and they were able to match the offer. They said theyā€™re willing to replicate but Iā€™m not sure if the incentives are still available.

So did you get a car from PHH?

I didnā€™t pay my broker until the deal was signed.

I called Fontana for Melissa and never got a call back. Iā€™ve called most dealers in the state trying to replicate without any luck. Not sure I believe it anymore.

yep, cyber gray SEL RWD LR.

A little surprised they donā€™t come with the 120V EVSE anymore. The liftgate also rattles, will need to get that fixed.

1 Like

I am hearing the RV on 24/12 has been decreased by around 6% for April.
If true, the party for Ioniq 5 has come to an end. @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto Can you confirm?

Edit: So I was wrong!

Hey, where did you hear this? So the lower RV the higher the payment correct? Sorry new to this thanks

No skin in the game but here it is, you can also post to their forum.

Not according to Edmunds as of this morning, but perhaps that has changed now

The dealer I worked with for my deal yesterday, told me today that all numbers remain the same.

1 Like