SIGNED: 2023 Tacoma TRD Off-Road | $386 monthly | $0 Down | 12k/36mo

Me do good, bad, or mediocre?

Here is my SIGNED! link.

In 2019, I got my brother the same vehicle (TRD OR) for a monthly payment of $209 including tax (10% off MSRP of $37,860, $2,235 in rebates, $1800 MSDs). The new deal is nowhere near that, but there is only so much that I could do without rebates and higher MSRP.

Hacking stopwatch
Little under 72 hours, from 1st email sent to contract signed.

The What
Lease term: 12k / 36mo
Total MSRP: $42,672
Agreed upon value: $37,427 (12.29% off MSRP)
Gross Cap Cost: $38,712.90 ($37,427 + $385.90 TLR + $650 Acq + doc $250)
Financing: TFS (base MF)
MSD: $4000 (max)
Downpayment: $0
Monthly payment: $386.14 ($364.28 pre-tax)
Due at signing: $4,386.14 (MSD + 1st month payment)

The How
I used How to get a Toyota/Lexus FAST Allocation Spreadsheet as a starting point. Narrowed down my outreach to dealerships within my state and adjacent ones (Midwest). Started alphabetically and was about halfway down when I stopped.

Special thanks to @GOAT for the spreadsheet.

Off to med school :v:

32 Likes

Congrats on the truck and well display of using the true powers of a hacker and not being :bowl_with_spoon:

8 Likes

Congrats Man! good deal!

You did good - congratulations and enjoy! Get plenty of rest before Med School starts.

2 Likes

Nice work and even better template!

1 Like

Congrats on the new ride and thanks for sharing the details but…

…never ask after signing.

2 Likes

Thats a great discount on a Tacoma. Never heard of them going that low. Looks like a killer deal

The real hack is you getting them to go that low !

Guess middle America is really starting to feel the struggle. Insane discount! Enjoy

Was this end of month?

Signed this Monday. The only comment I heard was that this Taco sat a little bit longer than the usual 3-4 days. However, they did not elaborate further.

So the 3rd. That still counted for end of month so maybe they took some off for that reason. That’s a great discount. I can do 4k on some stuff but stilll you’re over 5k off. Unheard of

Can honestly say you most likely got the Best deal in the country on this in a looong time

13 Likes

I meant yesterday, 7.10.23

2 Likes

Well then even better. No clue why they would do that but good for you haha

$2900 under invoice. I can’t see them replicating this at all. No clue why they would even do it once.

Did you get loyalty/college grad? Trying to make sense of it. Obv I’m taking it to my dealer to push for more haha

Also did you return the other lease? Wondering if there was equity in that they used towards this. My dealer said this deal makes zero sense as I thought as well…

2 Likes

@Allco

big fan of, The Inside Job ??

Haha never watched it, I had to look it up :sweat_smile:

No equity, no rebates, no college grads, nothing at all. My first time at that dealership, as my go-to guy had no Off-Roads on the lot. Admins here can verify, my contract was uploaded to Signed!

4 Likes

I’m not saying your lying just have no clue why they would lose 2100 on it. There’s $800 holdback on taco and you’re 2900 under invoice. :joy:

1 Like

oh.

the way you broke down your post was just as the main character breaks down the heist at the beginnings of the movie.

“the how, the when, the who, the what, etc …”

Any chance u can get me this deal :rofl:

2 Likes