SIGNED: 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL AWD | $53400 MSRP | 24/12k | 1-pay $8359 ($348/mo effective)

Can’t seem to submit my deal to the “Signed” database as I keep getting this message - {“message”: “Request Too Long”} - but I picked up the car last night, and am super happy with the deal we got. When I realized as I signed that one of their SE AWDs would have been another $1000+ off this, I was second guessing myself…but enough is enough, and we’ll enjoy the SEL features :slight_smile:

MSRP: $53400 (SEL AWD, Atlas White (upcharge), plus a handful of add-ons)

Discounts:

• $7500 EV lease rebate
  • $2500 dealer discount on MSRP
  • $1500 Hyundai bonus cash (for discretionary dealership use, was in the form of 6x $250 coupons)
  • $2500 Valued Hyundai Owner coupon (my father owns a 2019 Ioniq, and cosigned the lease to get this)

Term: 24 months, 12000 miles per year, single pay lease
Adjusted Capitalized Cost: $39400
Residual value: $35778 (67%)
MF: 0.00156
Payment: 1-pay, $8359.89 at signing (plus $400 disposition fee at lease end)

The process:
This was honestly incredibly easy once I browsed posts here for a little bit. I was helped by a friend who is a veteran lease hacker to even think about adding my father to the lease for the owner discount - I was honestly shopping garbage Hyundais as a possible option to get this :slight_smile:

Lehigh Valley Hyundai was awesome through this process. No pushback on one-pay lease even though they acknowledged they didn’t do many, very communicative - even via email on Sunday when they were closed, ironing out details for finishing the deal on Monday. No BS, transparent, polite, helpful, tactful, and ready with discounts when asked for them. Can’t say enough about the dealer experience with Ryan and Ali. Will very likely do business with them again (Elantra N?).

23 Likes

Congrats, that’s a really great deal. I got the white SEL AWD but with dark interior because I have kids and a dog. I sat in the Elantra N while I was waiting in the show room, and it’s nice. Maybe when my kids are off to college.

@littleviolette FYI

2 Likes

Congrats. Great deal and great car… we love our Ioniq 5.

Love that interior!

PJ

1 Like

Insane deal and congratulations. I wish there was a way for the buyers to force the dealers to close with one pay lease, but they kept giving bullshit reasons as it being not available for all states and dealerships though its HMF controlled.

I signed the same car lease for effective $488 including tax in WA and its just a week so far. I wish we could convert these leases to one pay by calling HMF but not sure if such option even exist.

1 Like

Very nice deal!
Do you mind sharing how did you get “$1500 Hyundai bonus cash” please?

@miwang

OP has already defined what it is; it’s at the dealership’s discretion to use these coupons on any transaction

1 Like

Congratulations - great deal and breakdown of the incentives. Enjoy!

You are in PA? Which dealership is this?

It’s included in the post - Lehigh Valley Hyundai.

2 Likes

sorry, missed it. Awesome!

Awesome deal, but pay attention kids, probably not easy to replicate, these points are key. :unicorn:

Note I signed this on 7/31, and end of month for sure had something to do with the readiness to apply that extra $1500. They also had 22 Ioniq 5s in inventory, and this one has an April inspection sticker - it’s been around for a while.

I will say - at least in PA - it would have been worth it to me to buy a crappy Hyundai for sub-$1k and register it, or even by a title off a parts car and do the same. If you can sell the car on for what you paid for it, you’re only out taxes and notary fees, etc - and that $2500 + tax back (it was over $2800 out of pocket difference) is well worth the effort if you can make it happen.

2 Likes

Good deal OP. I live 5 mins away from that dealership. Only thing that’s stopping me from getting ioniq lease is I can’t do immediate buy out without going through dealership again. Else I would get ioniq 5/6 with all these rebates. Have a Palisade so I qualify for the loyalty.

What’s the benefit of buying out immediately vs one pay lease then buying out at the end if you like it?

There’s no reason to do an immediate buyout if the lease programs are good.

1 Like

If a family member owns a Hyundai, do they HAVE TO co-sign the lease to get that loyalty discount?

Yes - current registration for the owned/leased Hyundai in one of the leaseholder’s names was required for us.

FYI … I recently leased a Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited. I got the $7500 “lease credit” and another $2000 in the form of 4 $250 “voucher”. Dealer is in So, California. My drive off was $1850. 36 month 10K lease. payment is $660 including CA sales tax. Not sure the “money factor”. Hyundai Finance.