SIGNED: 2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E $46,105 MSRP, $3,500 DAS, $350/mo, 36m/12k

2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
MSRP: $46,105
Selling Price: $41,811.83 (Includes All-Weather Mats)
Monthly Payment: $350
Drive-Off Amount: $3,500 (Includes 1st month, Dealer Fees, Tax, Registration)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00103
Residual: 65%
Incentive: $1500 (Conquest)
Region: NJ

Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Needed to replace the Frontier lease so I opted to give the Ridgeline a try. Thanks to this forum for the wealth of information.

11 Likes

How do you like the Ridgeline when compared to the Frontier? I’m leasing a 2023 Frontier SV at the moment and I’m intrigued by the Ridgeline for my next lease.

Would love to know how they compare, too!

I liked the Frontier more than I expected. It was my personal best lease deal in terms of total cost. I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want) - #293 by SzaroJr

Please note the Frontier was the base trim (S) and the Ridgeline is the highest trim (RTL-E) so it’s not an equal comparison.

The Frontier definitely drove and handled like a truck. The Ridgeline’s ride is much smoother and SUV like. The Frontier is 4x4 and the Ridgeline AWD. The Frontier has more ground clearance and in my opinion is more capable offroad but the Ridgeline is more comfortable around town.

The Ridgeline is wider and has a bit more space in the rear. I personally prefer the conventional arm rest and gear shifter that the Frontier has over the captain style seats and push button gear selector of the Ridgeline. I enjoy the power mirrors, memory seats, remote start, LED headlights, lane keep assist, power tailgate lock, bed liner, bed trunk and trailer hitch which I didn’t have in my Frontier due to it being the base trim. The infotainment system in the Ridgeline could use an update but not a big deal for me since I primarily use Android Auto.

Both good looking trucks in their own ways. I like the Ridgeline’s size but preferred the Frontier’s stance. I haven’t had the Ridgeline very long but it seems the fuel economy will be slightly better.

In summary, both good trucks but the Ridgeline seems more practical for my needs. I won’t be taking it off-road, but will be driving it on long trips and occasionally making Home Depot runs. The Ridgeline reminds me of a 2017 MDX my wife had that we really liked. I wanted another pickup for the reasons listed above and considered another Frontier but the lease deals/incentives were much better for the Ridgeline.

I hope that helps!

2 Likes

$438 effective on a Honda truck. Not bad OP! Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to compare the two trucks in detail. I really like my '23 Frontier SV, but I’ll give the Ridgeline and the upcoming Tacoma a test drive when my lease ends next August.

Thank you, much appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face:

No problem. Honda released details regarding the 2024 Ridgeline a few days ago, and it seems they addressed most of the items I mentioned in my review. The tech was updated (guage cluster and infotainment system) and they brought back the conventional center armrest. A new TrailSport trim was added in an attempt to make it more off-road capable. Definitely worth checking out when the time comes. Until then, keep enjoying your Frontier.

Thanks for posting! I am currently leasing a fully loaded 2023 Frontier Pro-X. great truck but some serious deal breakers for me are the Steering wheel has no forward/back adjustment, and the turning radius is horrible. (had an F-150 before this and a bunch of other trucks). I was looking at the Ridgeline when I got this lease (18 months, 12k miles 4800 DAS $351 payment). I love the power the engine (310hp) has wondering if the Ridgeline (287hp) will be noticeable. I see someone got a great deal in Dec23 on a ridgeline black edition (2023) that I will be looking into, when lease is up in June.

The Ridgeline has a faster 0-60 time and feels just as powerful as the Frontier despite having 20 less horsepower. I haven’t towed anything so I can’t share my opinion on that.The overall ride quality is much different between the two trucks. The Ridgeline is smoother and more SUV like meanwhile the Frontier is more rigid and truck like. Depends on personal preference - I highly recommend taking one for an extended test drive.

2 Likes