I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

I’ve been a Florida resident for almost 30 years. Lived in multiple states because of military orders, but always kept Florida residency, DL, and registration on all vehicles.

Never tried to pull a fast one, some places aren’t willing to do a few extra minutes of research to accommodate my situation.

3 Likes

Maybe because some aren’t the smartest people on the planet and any mistake comes out of their paycheck?

And JB111 had a triple item, purchase in 1 state, living in a 2nd state, and ‘domiciling’ in a 3rd state (I just learned that term for FL, a domicile)

I got lucky, most here won’t come close. I’ll talk to my contact and shoot you a DM if they’re good with it.

Nice! Can you share deal details? Maybe a copy of the deal without personal information? Im looking for the same one!

1 Like

Leo, I got the deal at MSRP of $44,325. I did get a military discount which was put as down payment (usually reduces the price, but only made a couple of dollars difference the way they did it).

No dealer mark ups or adds.
MF: .00226
RV: 94% (I signed before the end of January, numbers may not be the same now?)
Tax rate: 7%
Doc fee: $99

I did include my Leasehackr sheet in my first post as well. Took a lot of searching. I finally gave up on texting and emails and just started calling. I had a list of questions to ask, and that way I could scratch them off the list and move on. I’ll add my options my window sticker as well for comparison… Good Luck!! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

One for me and one for a family member. Got the following deal done at two different NJ dealerships last month:

2022 Nissan Frontier S 4X4 Crew Cab
MSRP: $34,975
Selling Price: $34,975
Monthly Payment: $165
Drive-Off Amount: $2300 (Includes 1st month, Dealer Fees, Tax, Registration)
Months: 18
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00227
Residual: 99%

I really didn’t expect to like this truck as much as I do. Big thanks to this forum for helping make this happen. I’ve learned a lot and appreciate the knowledge share.

10 Likes

Congrats. These look like straight MSRP deals?

Only thing I would’ve done differently is roll in the tax, doc fee and DMV.

1 Like

Red bank? Didn’t think any dealers locally would play ball! Congrats!

1 Like

This option with low monthly will open the opportunity to extend the lease for $165/m plus tax. Great job. Enjoy.

3 Likes

Thanks @TheBigTuna :pray:

Yes, straightforward MSRP deals. I wanted a low monthly knowing the added risk of putting money down in case of total loss.

2 Likes

The opposite strategy (rolling everything in) would mean an extension would have you pay tax on the tax you already paid.

Anyone in So cal has a dealer that will do these?

plus interest rate :slight_smile:

And someone, somewhere pays tax on that interest.

How long does Nissan let you extend anyway? I can’t see them giving you 6 months max . Prob more likely 3 months.

I have no plans to extend mine, but I’d rather not risk $2k for the smaller payment (or hopes I can push out the lease later on).

I concur, id hope market approves in next 18 months so you can find better sub-$250 leases

2 Likes

I don’t need a Frontier but I want a Frontier at these dirt low prices ugh the dilemma

3 Likes

Thanks @Giantscars1515 :pray:

I cast a wide net and was rejected many times before I was able to get these deals. Nissan City of Red Bank was excellent to work with. Apparently they are under new management and really did their best to make the process as painless as possible. I would definitely consider doing business with them again.

5 Likes

Thanks @Zenek :pray:

Low monthly with option to extend was part of the plan but I do hope the market improves in the next 18 months…

Think of it as an opportunity to have a short-term relationship with a pickup truck before committing to something long term.

3 Likes