Signed: 2023 Camry Hybrid SE Nightshade $8070 net trade down, $496.63/mo after GAP and protection: Roast Me!

SIGNED link here

Legit went into this on a whim because my mazda was worth more than I paid for it a few years back. Did I screw up? Quite possibly. How badly? Dunno. Car’s nice though!

$26,000 to lease a $31k vehicle.

$6000 over MSRP AND $2k in add ons.

Yes, you screwed up. How badly? Very.

29 Likes

Enjoy your Camry Hybrid

11 Likes

How little do you understand what “GAP” actually is?

Cancel it if you still can.

1 Like

clearly not what i thought-elaborate?

Absolutely can back out of that.

And it shows… enjoy the car

6 Likes

An impressively bad deal tbh

4 Likes

yeah on further math-ing i’m absolutely gonna ditch the addons. didn’t realize they capitalized when i signed. god bless the 30 day no condition refund

hey at this point i mean there’s only so much i can do about it!

1 Like

What was the value of your trade from other sources?

The idea of GAP is to protect you from a large delta between your insurance payout and your loan/lease balance in the event the car is totaled in the early stages of the loan/lease.

First of all that probability is extremely low. Second, the resale values and thus the payouts on cars are Camrys are very high, and your balance is further reduced by $8k in trade equity.

most places were quoting me 12k trade, less cash. Had one dealership at 14.

Don’t forget, however, that the equity was entirely consumed with ADM and add ons.

Hey, only 6k of which is going to stick. And some of it is an (admittedly overpriced) service contract, which isn’t worthless

Why not take the $14K?!?! Doesn’t help your current lease.

Wasn’t cash. Also-that would have only moved the 8k up to like 8.5 after payoff.

Was also a honda dealer-and i didn’t really want the accord.

You want to get an offer not contingent on a getting a new vehicle. The $13,400 may have been inflated bc they killed you on the new car and add-ons. Hopefully the trade-in value was bloated as that would make your deal slightly less painful.

Try to cancel the add-ons if possible.

1 Like

trade in value was absolutely bloated for what its worth. car was low mileage but it was also dinged up and had an accident on the carfax. lowkey about to drive over there and dump the addon agreements on their desks shortly

nothing low-key about this one…how did you have $8K in equity on a $31K car and lease? You just have to enjoy it at this point.

3 Likes

You do realize that “only 6k” is almost 20% of the value of the vehicle right?

1 Like

that was a joke