Signed: 2023 Audi Q5 45 S Line TFSI Quattro Premium Plus - $700 per month (Thoughts please)

Hold up. Was this a 42 month lease?

EDIT: Can someone provide a recap or a TL;DR version of the original post?

Yeah. It was a 7,500 mile per year lease.

Yes it was a 42 month lease.

Ok, i found it

tracy morgan smiling GIF

Theres some good things and bad things going on here.

Good: You have texas tax credits, which brings prices down.

Bad: theyre hiding the $1000 bonus cash incentive in the selling price, so the discount isnt that great

Also bad: they seem to be marking up the mf, as if this was at buyrate, youd be $1250 cheaper

In the end, after youve accounted for the mf mark up and the buried rebate, this is 2.5% off msrp

Note that the listed selling price includes audicare

7 Likes

Yikes. This is a terrible deal. Why not 36 months instead?

1 Like

A broker on here is doing 9.5% off Q5 45. This isn’t Texas, I think he is east coast, so maybe it isn’t an apples to apples comparison, but the discount is small compared to what you could have got with a broker.
See, 💯 NYCLIFE April AUDI deals! A4 9.5% off A5 9.5% off Q3 9.5% off Q5 9.5% off! [NY/NJ/PA/CT] - #415 by Huskies

2 Likes

The challenge with going out of state here is losing tax credits

1 Like

How do you know they’re hiding the $1,000 cash incentive in the selling price?

Where do you see that I have the Texas Tax Credits?

How do I provide they marked it up, I know they do but there is no money factor outlined in this contract.

I can hire attorneys to unwind this deal and have them revise it if I need to.

It was cheaper in terms of monthly lease payment. Why not go for something longer if your planning on getting another audi again?

There is nothing illegal about marking up the money factor. You signed the contract and agreed to it. Attorneys aren’t magicians.

How do you know they marked up the MF?

@Kalfjuek - you don’t have to do a illegal act to be sued or otherwise have an attorney reach out to them.

Theyre applying the $1000 bonus cash to the selling price. They can do that if they want to present it that way. I know it’s happening because you only have $1000 rebates listed instead of $2000.

Your total tax on the lease sheet you posted is $638, which works out to 1.25% of the vehicle value… which is what texas tax credits often drop the tax to instead of the full 6.5%.

You can back calculate the applied mf from the full lease contract, but it’s fully in their prerogative to mark it up.

Without seeing this i dont know they marked it up, but its the most likely explanation for the difference in lease cost.

There’s nothing here that would give you legal standing to invalidate a contract. They didnt do anything wrong.

What do you think this attorney is going to say to the dealership? “I know my client agreed to this deal, I know he has the duty to read contracts before agreeing to them, but he seems to think he should get it unwound because people online told him it wasn’t a good deal. So you guys better unwind it or I’m going to sue you.”

10 Likes

Where does this come into play? You said you were signing for a $57,xxx car and ended up signing on a $55,735 car.

1 Like

How much extra would a 36 month lease have cost?

Well, you’re stuck with the car for 42 months. I get it that everyone’s situation is different, but I have always gotten 36 month leases on both my Audis.

About $9/mo

1 Like

@mo_t - Enjoy your new Audi. Feel free to come back in 3.5 years when you are ready to get into a new car.

6 Likes

Sorry I am new to this man and trying to learn this. The deal sheet offers the sales people present to you is really different than how they itemized them on these contracts.

Your saying the I was suppose to have my $2,000 in my rebate section as listed as 20(c)? Werent they only suppose to put the Costo of $1,000 from the factory rebate because that was Audi’s rebate program?

I made a short video recording on this feel free to speed up the video to 1.5x or 2.0x speed. - Recording #60

Check this out, feel free to speed up the video to 1.5x or 2.0x speed.

I made a short video recording on this feel free to speed up the video to 1.5x or 2.0x speed. - Recording #60