Signed: 2023 Audi Q5 45 S Line TFSI Quattro Premium Plus - $700 per month (Thoughts please)

I’ve engaged with about 15+ dealerships and the found a dealership who provided the following for a 2023 Audi Q5 45 S Line Premium Plus TFSI (S Tronic) 4DR All-Wheel Drive Quattro.

Selling Price: $57,490
Dealer “Savings”: $4,140
Costco Rebate: $1,000

Selling Price: $52,350
Window Tint: $499

New Selling Price: $52,849.00

Sales Tax: (estimate): $3,303.06
Dealer Doc: $150
Title Fee: $33.00
Inspection To State: $16.75
License Fee:$108.25
Road/Bridge Fees: $23.00
Buyer Tag Fees: $5.00
Inspection to Station: $7.00
VIT: $84.19
Balance: $56,579.25

I received 36/39/42 month term zero down lease offers, the lowest was $772/42 months zero down.

Right when we were moving forward, I was told the car had several scratches/dents during its delivery from the port so they offered a new replacement car that was actually $2,000 less than the above pricing specs, so the sticker/selling price came out to $55,735.

This lowered the lease payment to $752 for 42 months zero down. (Obviously the dealer discounting/pricing adjustment is not as high as the previous pricing specs as shown above but this was what I remembered on the new deal sheet.) This does not include Audi Care.

I signed the paperwork to secure the vehicle and waited for the car to arrive which had an ETA of 2 weeks.

While I was planning to head to the Audi dealership to finish signing the paperwork, I had my current lease appraised. I received a separate check of $4,232.00 from the appraisal.

I went to the Audi dealership the same day to resign the paperwork/pick up the car, during the paperwork signing, I then decided to use $3,000 out of the $4,232 appraisal money against this current offer before completing this Audi contract.

I also decided to purchase Audi Care which gave me a 1% residual factor increase from %57 to %58.

Since I added $3,000 down from the appraisal money and purchased Audi Care inside my lease payment, the new payment per month came out to $700.29 for 42 months.

Per my contract:

Gross capitalized cost: $55,457.68
Capitalization Cost Reduction $3,299.71 (Not including $700.29 which was used for the 1st month’s payment)
Adjusted or Net Capitalized Cost: $52,157.97
Agreed Upon Value of Vehicle (including accessories) $52,094
Acquisition Fee: $895.00
Audi Care: $1,499
Costco Rebate: $1,000
Cash: $2,299.71 (I think this is from my 3,000 down payment)

I was originally signing for the new revised deal which was $752 for 42 months zero down (without AudiCare) but after using my separate appraisal money from the recent car lease I sold, my new monthly payment is $700.29 for 42 months which includes $35.69 per month for Audi Care.

Let me know your thoughts or have any questions. Thank you!

You should update the title to include your drive off amounts. Also add other relevant info like the mf and MSRP (you have selling price twice).

Not sure if you checked the broker listings first but you probably left some money on the table.

This was the contract pricing it was based on. I believe the money factor was 0.00255.

How did I lose money? I’ve negotiated with 15+ dealerships and no one was able to get me a deal that consisted of $752 per month with zero down for this type of Audi Q5 grey color with okapi and premium plus.

Because I made $4,000 from my old lease. I used $3,000 towards the deal which brought my payment to $665 but then also added Audi Care for $39 per month totaling to my monthly lease payment of $700.

This is a fantastic deal. You should sign it asap :rocket:

Edit: meant to reply to OP

3 Likes

That’s the issue. Op already signed.

I said you left money on the table. Not you lost money. From the numbers you provided you basically got no dealer discount.

Doesn’t look great to me. Did you check the MF? It was much lower couple months ago. 3000 down 700/ month is pretty close to BMW X5 territory.

3 Likes

Dealer discounts are not really discounts if they i) markup the sticker/selling price then add fake discounts and ii) can just actually reduce/adjust or otherwise modify the final capitalization cost/selling price.

If I did the same deal I did that I was going into as shown below which no one really offered for the model, color, package which was:

As you can see here, their selling price was $57,490, allegedly, but then also add “discounts” totaling to $4,140 and the Costo Rebate of $1,000, leaving me with a total of the new selling price of $52,350. This $52,000 is the same for what I signed for and no other dealership offered this especially their payments being $780 - $800+ per month.

Just because they didn’t add verbiage or language on a deal sheet that contained discounts, doesn’t mean I lost money on the table. They just straight up adjusted the new deal to $52k and with my free money I got for my old lease of $k which was not mine, my payment was $665 but then added audi care, totaling to $700.

All brokers and dealerships, did not come lose to this so I don’t think you know what your saying.

1 Like

Still not sure what the MSRP is. The way you’re explaining makes it sound like they pulled a fast one in you. What was the msrp and what was the selling price before any incentives and your cap cost reduction. It’s also not free money from your old lease. It still counts lol

1 Like

I don’t see the exact wording on the contract, this is the lease order.

Realized the MSRP is on the window sticker you posted. Appears they sold it to you at MSRP. Could be worse but it’s a bad deal.

Your saying its bad because the selling/sticker price at $52k is horrible for a Premium Package?

What’s the leasehackr calculator score on this? 6 years?

What did you actually pay out of pocket? Did you walk away with the vehicle, a $1000 check, and no money out of pocket?

This is all very confusing because much of what youre talking about are numbers on a deal that didnt happen.

4 Likes

I’m sorry.

I did not pay anything down.

I was walking in to sign for the 52k for a Premium Plus Package Dark Gray Pear Effect w/ Black Optic with zero down at $752 per month for 42 months.

But, before driving there I did a deal with another dealership where they appraised my old car lease and I had $4,200 of profit after they paid the balance of the lease. So I used that money towards this Audi Q5 deal towards the price of the car and Audi Care.

Sorry I am trying to understanding the wordings used on the contract with the deal offer sheet the sales people do, they don’t seem to have the same wordings.

So you applied the $4200 to the lease?

Yes, I used $3,000 towards the capitalization cost.

I kept $1,200 to myself .

I then included the Audi Care on this deal which was built in. That amount ($1,499) was inside the deal so my monthly payment came up $35 more per month for 42 months resulting in my total monthly payment being $700.30 per month.

So you walked away with $1200 in your pocket then?

That’s correct.

If I never put the $3,000 down and instead kept $4,200 to myself and my monthly payments would’ve been $752 without Audi Care - still with zero down and zero first month’s payment.

Is this a 7500 mile lease?

I’m struggling to follow this

6 Likes