SIGNED: 2022 Mercedes SL 63 AMG

Excited to share I’ve purchased a Merc SL!

After a whole separate thread about how I almost have bought a 911 GTS 4 Cabrio, I finally drove one and was left a little disappointed. Amazing car, but it wasn’t worth the final price of about $213k (with taxes and add-ons), especially the interior. The driving dynamics were impeccable, but it felt as if I’d never really explore those dynamics since I don’t plan on tracking.

Well, I was visiting family in Mississippi this past week and strolled into the Mercedes dealership to see what they had, and the sales manager walked me over to this beauty. It had just been traded in this week. The actual owner of it happened to be there too. He ordered the car a few months ago, drove it for just about 1k miles and realized he was too old to get in and out of it. So, he traded it in for a G63 and was actually in the process of picking that up.

I drove it and absolutely fell in love with the sound, interior, and overall ability to pound pavement. It was fitted to the gills with factory options and stickered for just over $212k before taxes. I got it for what I think is a solid deal at 170k (holy depreciation). Plus, they threw in a $50 gift card (anything helps!).

I also want to give Mercedes of Jackson a shoutout for a 100X better dealer experience than Porsche. The SA just gave me the keys and said, go drive this thing around and get a feel for it. That extended test drive, plus people in 3 cars giving me a literal thumbs-up sold me. Next step is getting XPEL Stealth PPF this upcoming week.

Judging by my 911 thread, a lot of experts are going to be chiming in here with what alternatives exist, but I did have a requirement from the wife that any sports car had to be a 2+2 to accommodate our two small dogs, so the universe of options around and under 200k is limited.

This’ll be a good counterpart to the X7 M60i daily.

27 Likes

Congrats on the new ride!

1 Like

Very Nice SL. Congrats!!

1 Like

Purchase?

10char

Yep, purchase

1 Like

$20x3 sales manager spent paid off handsomely :slight_smile:

Joking aside , congratulations :confetti_ball:!

15 Likes

Forget the car, the Batgirl is the real deal!

2 Likes

Beautiful car congratulations

Rolex + plat card is all I need to know :moneybag:

4 Likes

Congrats !

Yeah. I’d think all we needed to know was the car.

7 Likes

I don’t see a Volvo badge here…

He made sure to let everyone know lol

5 Likes

Not with a Rolex, no.

Obviously it’s not the timex that’s on your hand :smile:

My simple TAG Heuer has been retired for many years now.

1 Like

Gorgeous car and options list. Enjoy!

You’re unaware of my thread in the other forum?

I guess not

got the same wallet with the same Plat card in the same slot. Haha. No Batman here though just black sub. Congrats! You don’t happen to be a math teacher in the earlier days eh?

1 Like