SIGNED - 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS450+ One-Pay ($445/mo effective)

Because it’s against the rules of this forum. You need to register as a broker if you want to make money

9 Likes

Sure. The day I earn a $1 from this, I will

1 Like

I’m not sure what’s happened here over the years? We used to be a community that helped each other “beat” the dealers and now we‘ve gotten to “beating” each other up over a deal.

I used to help tons of hackrs over the years with sending them over to dealers, helping them understand how a lease works and actually understand the breakdown of a lease/numbers.

In the last few weeks or so, I’ve reached out for help (even us veteran guys need it sometimes) and I’ve gotten nothing but radio silence from members or something like “i cAn hElP, mY fEe is $50o” . Kinda funny some were “Trusted Hackrs”

I know there are some veteran guys here that I speak to personally off this site and kudos to you guys, but this site is becoming a cesspool of noobs/spooks trying to take advantage of a situation, folks wanting to be spoonfed and brokers beginning to charge ridiculous fees.

I’ll continue to help/contribute where I can and to specific folks based on the individual but will def take a step back and become more of a spectator going forward.

54 Likes

Flipping 4XEs happened. This site became the definitive source for that.

4 Likes

I agree with being a spectator, especially when it comes to cars like these. Inventory is low. I found an EQS that I wasn’t taking for myself. Instead of posting it, I just PM’d long-standing members. It’s not worth posting publicly.

2 Likes

Here is my opinion regarding noobs and folks thinking they can score unicorn deals by just asking a dealer to match someone’s posted numbers on LH.

Working on a deal can be exhausting. It takes time, research, and lots of rejection. I’ve personally used broker deals as a baseline for what was possible when I was working on my own deal. I also scoured the “Share Deals & Tips” section for data points on specific vehicles I was targeting. You don’t always hear about all the Nos we hear from dealers not looking to play ball. When I was looking to lease a new car a couple of years ago, I recall reaching out to close to 10 dealers in my area. It took weeks of research and patience. My local dealer lied to my face. Was I surprised? Not really. I moved on from them and eventually landed a great deal with another dealer on the car I wanted.

With the recent EQS deals being posted, some folks think they can get 20% off MSRP on a new unit without any negotiation on the first try. Sometimes, one has to put themselves in a dealer’s shoes. Why should they sell you a car at $XX if you are being a jerk about it or you think mentioning LH will get you bonus points?

I am also going to keep contributing and helping folks dissect offers from dealers. However, I am not going to be spoon feeding anyone information that is easily searchable on the site.

I don’t like seeing folks getting ripped off, but at the end of the day, if you are not prepared to listen to advice or do your own research, then there is not much I can do to help you. Let’s not forget that we all volunteer our time here.

I always tell folks to know their numbers. If you are looking for a $500/month payment on a $100k car, is it realistic to ask for say 30% off MSRP? If you are looking for a unicorn, then you are going to be searching for a while.

There are deals to be had, but be prepared to put in the work.

11 Likes

Honestly no… but I will confess I have asked more than once over the past couple of weeks!

1 Like

It is okay to ask but be prepared to show dealers your numbers. I’ve been asked how I came up with $XXX monthly by some dealers. I was able to share my calculations (not the LH calculator).

2 Likes

Not saying it was you (it wasn’t), but super super low effort dms like, any high Msrp bmw or Mercedes’ for sub 450, I need an eqs where can I find one like you did just won’t get a response from me.

If someone puts more than a sentence or two of effort in or asked an actual question I’ve been happy to answer them, and I have answered dozens of them…

Don’t have a premade response for those (just yet).

14 Likes

I had somebody message me asking me for my full contract “with the VIN” because they showed my contract to some dealer and “they wouldn’t believe it without the VIN”.

People genuinely think this is like Target price matching Amazon.

10 Likes

It was me I messaged @HersheySweet.

shakes fist from rocking chair angrily

1 Like

I am gonna need the following from you since copying homework is my thing.

• contact and the stock number that you can spoon feed me with
  • lease contract without any redacting
  • uber ride to the dealer to pick up
3 Likes

I have used various techniques over the years…and Ill confess that sometimes I like to experiment :slight_smile:

Sometimes I have laid everything out very logically (and as simply as possible but including the usual specifics of MF, RV, etc etc) and many times this just isnt talking the dealers language. Most of the folks there simply talk monthly payment, so sometimes using that makes them feel far more comfortable (BUT as you’ve noted, youve gotta have the backup support ready to go if needed). Of course, on the most unicorn of deals that approach can also backfire from FOLP. In my case, I vary the approach based on how much effort I feel like putting in. Its bad to admit that but if I dont mind just throwing darts its one method but if I have the time to truly dig in it may be another. The short truth is that the best deals almost always require massive amounts of effort. One has to decide up front whether or not their time has enough value to commit properly or not. Ill confess that the answer to this varies for me based on what is going on in life at the time (does my daughters have alot of events, is work busy, etc etc).

4 Likes

GIF by Giffffr

For a deal like this it’s hard to start a conversation if you ask for a monthly, they’ll just think you’re crazy and ignore you. I’ve at least had some conversations by using discount vs payment on this one.

6 Likes

Or how about some topics that have dozens of off topic posts, rants, criticisms, “I like MB EQS rides” comments, and chats that have nothing to do with the specific deal despite the title, where others have one or two harmless comments and immediately get moved to the Landfill?

Easily half of this one falls into the former and yet here we are, at post 136…

You should let @michael and @littleviolette know the names of these Trusteds. Don’t see how these trusteds can be trusted while profiting and breaking LH rules

18 Likes

Yes…which is about the same response Ive gotten over the years much of the time with any approach, LOL. In the end, we have to either ask for a payment or a discount % and for the absolute smoking-est deals, both sound unpalatable, but I will agree for sure telling a sales guy out of the box that you want to pay $500 for a $106k car car will result in excessive shock for all but the most learned of them. Ive met a few who understand it, but they didnt have any loaners to make it happen.

4 Likes

I’ve had people reach out to me via pm asking for dealer info., there’s no real point in providing it when there’s 20 other leasehackrs across the country going after the same car.

2 Likes