Signed: 2022 Jeep GC 4xe MSRP 78,490 39/10k $705/mo. I think I got ripped?

I’ll research it, but according to the contract at face value it is not a good deal. States all payments plus RV to buy it out. But I’ll research to see how to work it.

Possibly when it comes to leasing, as I can’t speak to that. But when it comes to sales, I have done business with a few that were actually decent. Some you just walk into and know they’re shady, others are up front about everything and no nonsense. Typically, the high volume dealers I have dealt with care more about the vehicle sale itself then anything else. Granted, not saying they wouldn’t ever take advantage of someone, they just didn’t give me that vibe.

Nah not that one, there’s the other one right next to it that I believe is just the site itself.

Others can chime in if ally is different but current buy out should be close to your cap cost.

That’s IF ally allows early buy out. I’ve heard they’re pretty restrictive.

FWIW the Cherokee 4XE lease is so bad without all the discounts and incentives it would lease at over $1k a month

If the problem is MF, then may be, exit from this deal all together, and buy a new lease from scratch. May be, if you exit from this deal then you might break even or make money.

How could he exit this deal? OP states he already signed?

If he got all good incentives, and if the main problem is MF, then his current cost basis should be lower, and he should able to sell the lease to any dealer who can buy the Ally lease ( Just like a traditional lease sale ).

Hopefully he can get a good appraisal on the car.

Is that the early termination clause or the early buyout clause? Can you post the actual lease language?

There are generally two ways these Jeep leases can go after they’re signed:

A. Probably 99% of people will make their payments, turn it in, and walk away. In which case the breakdown between depreciation and rent doesn’t really matter.

B. If you have really high rebates offset by really high MF, then buy it out ASAP.

2 Likes

Here is the End of Lease before Scheduled Termination language:

b. Before Scheduled Termination: At any time before the scheduled Lease End, you have an option to purchase the vehicle “as-is” (in its condition at the time) for the Early Option Price. The Early Option Price is the sum of: 1) any lease payments or other amounts due under the Lease at the time of termination; 2) a Purchase Option Fee of $500; 3) the Balance Subject to Rent Charges and 4) 2.5% of the Balance Subject to Rent Charges.
The Balance Subject to Rent Charges is calculated by reducing the Adjusted Capitalized Cost each month, on each monthly due date, by the difference in the base monthly payment and the part of the rent charge earning in that month calculated on a constant yield basis.

What dealership in Ohio was this?

There is typically an early purchase option that is differrnt than the early termination, but that reads to me like it is basically the adjusted lease balance plus 2.5% plus buyout fee.

The “any lease payments due” typically means any due in that period/unpaid, not the remaining sum.

This isn’t even the ballpark of the worst deals posted around here. You got a vehicle for under 1% of MSRP/month (I know they jack the mSRP up on these ones, though). Enjoy the car :slight_smile:

Yet another reason why the 1% is a terrible metric.

1 Like

This means nothing as to if this is a good or bad deal.

It doesn’t tell you everything but it’s not “nothing”.

Its absolutely nothing. It’s an argument that only takes the slightest amount of consideration to pull apart. There are plenty of articles written about it being useful (even on the main site here), but the arguments always fall apart.

It has no validity, regardless of whether someone wrote it up on the internet or not.

It’s actually a great example of something completely concocted out of thin air, written about on the internet, and then perpetuated by virtue of being on the internet.

1 Like