Signed - 2021 Infiniti 3.0T LUXE AWD $350/mo (first month DAS only)

Here is the TL;DR. Read further for the adventure of a lifetime.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: Infiniti LUXE AWD (3.0L twin-turbo V6)
MSRP: $46,985
Selling Price: $41,775 ($33,075 including rebates)
Monthly Payment: $350
Drive-Off Amount: $350 (first month only, tried to get a true sign and Drive but they weren’t having it :joy:)
Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: 0.00101
Residual: 23,962
Incentives: $8700 (loyalty, lease cash, VPP)
Region: Midwest
Leasehackr Score: 11.5
Leasehackr Calculator link:

It was December 31st of 2017, and ya boy was looking for a vehicle to satisfy his darkest needs and desires. Thanks to this site I knew the Infiniti Q50s were going for unicorn deals that month. Big rebates, big bonuses, big cash. I managed to snag a Q50 3.0T LUXE AWD (MSRP 48K) demo with 100 miles on it for $290 a month (39/10) on a TRUE sign and drive. I never posted the deal on this website because the dealer asked me not too, but it was a :unicorn:. Life was perfect, and so was the car. Fast forward a year and a half. Sitting in my Q50 outside my apartment listening to music, a drunk driver decides to fly down the opposite side of the road, with the hood of his car up, smashing into me. I ended up being ok, he ended up going to jail, and my baby ended up going to the scrapyard. Brutal. So the search began again.

It’s April/May 2019. Thanks to this site, I knew the BMW X2 loaners were begging to be sold. Managed to snag one (MSRP 46K) for $267 a month with $267 due at signing (24/10). Another :unicorn: deal. My only regret is not knowing that I could sell a lease to Carvana. Probably could have made a good chunk of change on that X2 deal.

Anyway, 2 years passes and it’s time to start the search over again. I log onto the site, and for a second, I thought I was reading “BrokerHackr”. All I could find was brokers posting their slightly above average deals. Not as many people seemed to be sharing their sweet deals. So I decided to use the calc and see if I could forge something myself. I looked at the Buick Encore GX :face_vomiting:, Chevy Blazer :thinking:, and Lexus NX300 :open_mouth:. Buicks were going cheap, but I could probably sprint faster than that car can accelerate. The other 2 were beautiful vehicles, but the deals just weren’t there. Probably could have snagged something nice on the NX300 because they had decent April incentives, but the local dealers weren’t biting. Decided to give the Q50 another shot, and low and behold, it worked out. Super happy with my purchase, and I love this car. Love this site/the calculator too.

First time sharing a deal on here, so please forgive if I messed something up in the calculator link. I think I reflected the deal pretty accurately though. I tried to get a bigger discount from the dealer but this is the best I could get. Definitely not a unicorn like the first Q50, but a solid deal nonetheless imo.

11 Likes

Ya boy should have done max MSDs to lower the monthly payments to only $295/mo.

2 Likes

Wowsers…if that is how the numbers work out the MSDs return like 18-19%:exploding_head:

Moving soon so most of our money is tied up in the new home. Anything extra is already invested elsewhere :woozy_face:

1 Like

Honestly I’m not great at math. Could you break down how I would have gotten 18-19% return? Would be great to know for next time.

Well, there are more complicated ways to look at it, but the easy quick and simple screening calc for MSD return that I use is-----

Using your numbers from the calculator—

Payment without MSD $351

Payment with MSD $295

Difference (savings) with MSD $56/mo.

MSD value is $400 x 9, or $3600. (as I believe Infiniti uses the pre-MSD payment rounded to the nearest $50 for the MSD amount?).

Over a years time (which is an arbitrary time, but it normalizes to a yearly return), this saves $56 x 12 = $672.

Saving $672 in a year with a $3600 investment is equivalent to an income stream of $672/$3600, which is the same thing as earning ~18.7% on an investment.

Also, many of us use a credit card for the MSDs if the dealer will allow it (many will) in order to get the rewards points for further return. Even better is if the credit card has a 0% provision in it as one can then not even have to pay for the MSDs for a certain period (so the MSD return is then “free” for the 0% period before you have to actually pay them).

5 Likes

You still have new money coming in, though, or you wouldn’t be getting a car. :slight_smile:

Totally didn’t know I could use a credit card for MSDs. Just got a new credit card which I believe is 0% for the first year. Combining MSDs with credit card bonuses…that’s next level hacking.

Might have to call this dealer back and see about these MSDs :joy:. Not sure if there’s anything to do at this point, but worth a shot.

If the contract is already signed and funded, you won’t be able to go back and add MSDs…But you can certainly file this away for next time. Also, you have to check to see if the dealer will allow a credit card to be used. Most of them will, but they may also have a maximum dollar limit.

Solid, will definitely remember for next time. I appreciate you guys as always.

I also did not use MSDs for the first who knows how many leases, I just wasn’t aware of them. Honestly, half of the dealers aren’t even aware of them! It is such a simple easy thing to do, yet it is almost like a secret for some reason. The return on them can vary, but it is usually pretty attractive.

That investment return would need to return a good bit higher as it would need to be 18.7% after capital gains.

Absolutely, this is just bare-bones assessment to get a quick read on whether it is worth it or not. The reality is it is pretty much always worth it since many folks are likely to use the cash for MSDs from another account that is earning almost nothing these days…like sub 1% money markets :cry:

1 Like

I was so thrilled last year when I had an online “high rate” savings account that was paying almost 2%! That rapidly dwindled away to sub 1%…

Honestly the returns from the bank are no different to cash in your wallet lol. We keep a rainy day fund that we never touch no matter what, but outside of that we try to keep everything invested. Otherwise you’re just losing money when you account for inflation.

No doubt, and something tells me real deal heavy heavy inflation is possibly coming :frowning:

1 Like

Doing MSD on a credit card can only be of value if you are very particular about paying it off in full before the teaser 0% rate runs out.

Most CC interest rates are high teen % so any savings can easily evaporate and turn negative if the balance is not paid in full before the 0% promotion runs out.

Also for some reason many people are not aware that MSD money is only refundable at the end of the lease contract or if the car is paid off earlier.

For Infiniti it don’t matter but other brands like BMW where a lease transfer is possible, the MSD money gets transferred along with the car so you have to collect MSD from the person taking over the lease which reduces the available pool.

Still I would suggest doing MSD in most cases but Just be aware of potential pitfalls of doing on a CC.

1 Like

Great advice, thank you! I think we would have been able to pay it off in a matter of 1-2 months. Just didn’t have it before the end of April, and to be completely honest I didn’t really think about MSDs :joy:

Breakdown of the incentives please? Want to see what I qualify for

I’d have to go back and look, but I think $4950 in lease cash, $1750 in loyalty, and $2000 VPP.