Signed 2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited, $608/m $0

No comment on the dealer experience since I haven’t been inside one since maybe 2004 but a Limited Palisade is very well equipped… whereas all in $700 means $630 ish before TTL in WA? That’s a poverty spec X5 if it even exists in December 2020 and doesn’t even include a practical third row

Apples to durians, if you ask me.

Not sure why post-sale experience matters all that much on a reliable platform… we are not talking a FCA product where you know your warranty administrator by first name. Not obligated to use dealer for regular maintenance either

2 Likes

The mdx is a vastly inferior vehicle. Xc90 is a legitimate comparison, although a far less useful third row. X5 is a good bit smaller.

5 Likes

All valid points. Not attacking you or OP. Just not my jam.

Pretty sure I said wouldn’t pay the premium? Congrats on your reading skills.

More like BMW not keeping up with it’s reputation, 330 has cheap plastic interior, poor quality finishes and mediocre driver assistance tech. In 4 days driving the loaner the lane assist failed twice, once at a crosswalk and once at railroad tracks both times causing it to swerve into neighboring lane.

I love my 5 series but wouldn’t consider driving something less from BMW, all the x1 x3 etc nonsense just cheapened the brand and 3 series followed suit.

I’ve definitely had people tell me they bought a loaded Camcorssat for the price (or slightly less) of a base model entry-level premium brand.

I no longer bat eyes at MSRP, when a Honda Pilot can go up to 50k.

6 Likes

Wow . Lot of money for a Hyundai - and I’ve Driven both the palisade and the Kia - they are decent SUVs that compete with the highlander , atlas , maybe MDX , all that can be had in the high 3s low 4s …but ! If you Happy, enjoy it !

LOL what about a 65k Gladiator Rubicon Diesel? It cant even really tow or haul anything either.

2 Likes

Base models, sure. Good luck finding a comparable equipped version of any of those vehicles anywhere near that.

The real question here is why a limited trim vs a calligraphy. The price difference between the two is very minimal for the extra features that Hyundai split off from the 2020 limited. There really is no good reason for the 21 limited trim to exist.

2 Likes

Palisade is one of the highest to lease. There s no discount from msrp and the base MF very high which adds a few thousands more to the price.

It’s still a hyundai.
Riliability is questionable as a brand as well as a new model.

For 35k car hyundai, you pay $600/mon lease
For 60k car lexus rx, i pay $600/mon lease

Sorry mate but your post makes no sense. Price should be correlated to the product, not the badge on the hood. Hyundai’s reliability hasn’t been questionable for years, they have been largely on-par with the Japanese.

If you read the post properly, OP got Limited trim at 48K, which Im sure has more features than a stripped Lexus RX.

4 Likes

Agreed, it is not your father’s Hyundai. If a non-luxury brand can commend a premium or no discount from MSRP then it’s more a testament to the car itself (like the first Miata). Also, I’m sure a RX with 60k MSRP can be had under $600 a month.

2 Likes

Did you miss the 10% discount from MSRP here?

2 Likes

This is not even fully loaded. How much would the Caligraphy model cost?

From a leasing standpoint, you’d have to look at this car and compare it to its competitors (same trim) and see what they’re leasing at and see if it’s worth it or not.

I dunno, for me personally, I don’t think I could pay an effective $700 a month for a Hyundai SUV.

1 Like

Strokes for different folks. The palisade can be a well equipped SUV, and if I HAD to get a kiddy hauler, cash wise at sticker it’s one hell of a bang for buck.

Nappa leather, the cool in gauge lane cameras, etc. Dealership experience to be desired, but it’s existence is justified for the 99% of people who don’t use leasehackr or hack leases.

1 Like

The only dealership experience I’m interested in is how fast I can get out of there! Having only been in a Kia Nissan and Honda dealership, what is the difference at a BMW or Volvo dealership that puts value into your lease?

For me it’s not about the lounge experience, more like getting relatively nice loaner car, free Uber to and from, etc. Now with Covid they come pickup and drop off my car for service.

4 Likes

Been there done that with lincoln black label, this is such a great premium amenity. They come pick your car up, drop you a loaner, and then drop your car off back to you.

2 Likes

I’m not a vip lol, I think here in the east bay most people are working from home, dealer must be hurting for service revenue that’s why they started the valet. I must admit not having to wait for service writer is a plus, everything is done through text/email.

For all those saying this was an overpay, what can you get for similar specs? I cant imagine any X5 with similar spec leasing for similar. Maybe an Acura Mdx (at best tech) or Toyota Highlander Limited but none with these specs (even on a limited). Maybe if you get a screaming deal on a Volvo?

KIA and Hyundai hit it out of the park with the palisades and telluride. They just didn’t build enough which is why folks are paying more than they normally would for any Kia or Hyundai.

Honestly would like to see and hear what comps at that price. I am looking at the moment.