Signed: 2020 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum (Loaner) - $242/month + $4,300 DAS 36/12

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum (Black, Loaner with 6,375 miles)
Options: Premium Package, Linear Lime Decor Inlay, 19" 5-V Spoke Tinted Silver Wheel
MSRP: $ 40,495
Selling Price: $ 28,929
Monthly Payment: $ 242 (tax included)
Drive-Off Amount: $ 4,300 (trade-in)
Months: 36 months
Annual Mileage: 12,000 miles
MF: 0.00001
Residual: $17,413 (43%)
Incentives: 0
Region: Florida
Leasehackr Score: 14.2 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Base
Miles: 96,000 miles
Sell Price: $ 4,300

I wanted to sell my Jetta before reaching 100k so I’ve been looking for a new car. This was my first time leasing a car and I think I made a great deal. The first dealership offered $250/month (also a loaner car with fewer miles), I reached out to different dealers in Florida and they told me this is already a good deal so they can’t match the price. But this dealership decided to match the price to $240/month. I traded in my VW Jetta ($4,300). The people at the dealership were very friendly and I’m happy with my new car.

2 Likes

$4300 trade in is essentially your down payment / CCR.

2 Likes

Can you clarify this?

It appears that you’re listing the selling price as the selling price minus incentives minus trade equity. What was your actual selling price?

3 Likes

$ 28,929 was the selling price and $4,300 was the trade-in. I didn’t know where to put the value for trade-in and I just applied in selling price after reading this forum.

Rolling it into the selling price for the purpose of making the calculator output a monthly is fine, but that doesn’t mean it is reduced from the selling price. In this case, it’d be better to look at the $4300 as money due at sale, making this deal $242/mo with $4300 das that you happened to pay with trade equity rather than cash, instead of $242/mo with $0 das.

How much in incentives were rolled into that selling price?

One of the main uses of the shared deal listings is to give data for others to compare pricing, so having accurate pre-incentive discount information for others to reference is the goal here.

1 Like

Okay. I made a correction

Yeap. I made a correction

Note that your selling price here is not $28929.63, it’s the agreed on price of $26239.68 with the incentives (which appear to be $7000 in most regions currently) backed out, so $33239.68.

That’d put you at 18% pre-incentive discount, which is a solid deal.

2 Likes

Great deal. I wouldn’t factor the Jetta trade as discount, but rather as a cap cost reduction.

Still, 18% pre-incentive is great. Which dealer by the way?

1 Like

Not a great deal with $4,300 down on a pretty base S60 loaner with 6k+ miles, IMO. $385/mo effective payment… But $242/mo does look good.

1 Like

I was gonna say… base T5 S60’s loaners are around $300 all in. With loyalty etc

18% off is ok, but a 2020 loaner with 6k miles should’ve atleast been over 20%

Finally, I’ve would’ve asked them to cut you a check instead of applying that 4300 towards CCR.

2 Likes

18% off is very good, if true. The deal is not, however. It is probably close to a 1 year old loaner

1 Like

Yeah, that might be true but I wasn’t expecting to get $4300 as the value of my vw. I had an ABS warning light on and the headliner needed a repair. When I checked on KBB it was around $3,000

The first dealer valued $4,128 and I showed this quote to the second dealer and we just negotiated about the final monthly payment. We didn’t negotiate the value of my car. Maybe the second dealer increased to $4300 to make it $242/month. idk we just agreed on the monthly payment. I just wanted to trade in my car and get a monthly payment low as possible.

i sent you pm

Thank you!

Just enjoy your Volvo, it is way better than your VW.
What is “pre-delivery service fee”? Dealer fee or something on top of it?

2 Likes

Yes. I’m enjoying my Volvo. Thanks!

1 Like

It’s Florida. There’s a fee for charging you a fee.

4 Likes

Fee, for charging you a fee to charge you a fee.

Pre delivery fee to charge you a documentation fee to charge you an electronic filing fee.

1 Like

It’s doc fee - notice they also charge a fee on top of reg, just to do your reg.

1 Like