Signed: 2020 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum FWD (Loaner)

Why are you being so lame and raining on this guys parade?

He got a great deal on a really nice car and all you’re doing is calling out the things that it is not.

What’s the point of your commentary?

18 Likes

29% discount before incentives is NUTS! Wow. Congrats!

1 Like

Nice deal man. Driving a $40k Volvo for cheaper than a CamCord.

4 Likes

Awesome job!! I think there is a lot of intrinsic validation when you go out and put in the time and effort and come out with a great deal on your own!!

Well done… well done!!

1 Like

That’s a great deal, congratulations. The leatherette isn’t bad at all in the Volvo; personally think it’s better than the one you find in BMWs. You get a lot of tech for the price in a Volvo and great gas mileage.

Congrats on an awesome deal! Really impressive discount!

Volvo has the best comfy seats in the industry, didn’t they say they had a doctor or something like that helped develop their seats?

How much was the total amount due on delivery?

see first post.

1 Like

Wondering if I can please get some advice here too. I am new to this space and appreciate any support/advice.
Similar lease deal, not sure if I should be jumping on:

2020 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum (new)
MSRP: $38,595
Selling Price: $30,000
Monthly Payment: $350
Down: $2,500
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
State: TX

I don’t know the MF, Residual or incentives as @volvo1 included above…

Thank you!

Find them out. Go to the lease forum for this vehicle on edmunds and ask what they are for your zip. Getting mf/rv/incentive information should ALWAYS be your first stop when considering a lease, long before you ever talk to a dealer about numbers.

1 Like

Edmunds is definitely the spot for residuals and MF.

Also, figure out all of the manufacturer incentives on the S60. How did you get to that selling price?

I have asked in Edmunds and will confirm asap, thank you!
We got to that selling price just through hard talk! per dealership website: “Dealer Allowance: $2,000 cash allowance”

Thanks @volvo1 and @mllcb42, confirmed with the dealer:
MF is .00121 and residual is 52 %

Please let me know your thoughts on this offer.

You always want to know both what MF the dealer is charging and what buy rate mf is from edmunds.

Dealers often mark up the mf, so when figuring out your cost, you need to know what they’re hiding where.

Likewise with incentives. Very common for a dealer to show a discount that includes some/all of the incentives. For example, the dealer’s website shows a $2000 cash allowance here, but in Texas right now, the 2020 S60 T5 Mom fwd gets both a $2000 cash allowance AND $2500 lease bonus dealer cash.

This means your selling price is actually $34500, not $30000. That puts you at just over 10% pre-incentive discount. You should be able to do better than that on a new S60, much less a loaner.

1 Like

Thank you @mllcb42, unfortunately haven’t received a response on Edmonds yet. Very helpful information.
Do you have any idea on how long these incentives are usually available for?
Would prefer to put the purchase off until April but was happy to go ahead now if it was a good deal.

They’re updated monthly, but I would be surprised if they suddenly disappeared.

Now, loaners aren’t always available, so if you want this one, may be worth jumping on it IF you can get the price right. How many miles are on it?

1 Like

@mllcb42
This is actually a brand new car.
Can you suggest a realistic target?

Wait until April. I’m pretty sure the deals will only get better.

1 Like

oh, gotcha. The original thread poster was looking at loaners.

I wouldn’t rush out if this isn’t a loaner. Just wait until April. It isn’t likely to get worse.

Good target would probably be $500-1000 more discount and buy rate mf.

1 Like

Update from Edmonds @volvo1, @mllcb42)
MF: 0.00086
Residual: 52%
Incentives: $5500

I turned down the deal and will try again in April.
Thank you for all the advice!