Signed: 2020 Leaf SV + Tech, $22/mo + tax, $3885 DAS

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Nissan Leaf SV with All-Weather and Tech Packages
MSRP: $38,845
Monthly Payment: $22.45 + tax
Drive-Off Amount: $3885 (1995 down, +tax, +title, +dmv)
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 10k
Residual: 20884.5
Region: NorCal
Leasehackr Score: 40
Leasehackr Calculator Link: Calc link

Couldn’t match up the numbers in the calculator exactly, but it’s close. I don’t know the money factor. Pretty happy with this. We were looking for a PHEV, but weren’t too excited about the current offerings. I figure that when this lease is up, there will be more/better options, and this is inexpensive enough that we can just keep the ICE car as well for longer trips.

This is from Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City.

12 Likes

What rebates did you qualify for?

$800 from PG&E. Don’t have it yet, though I will apply once I have the DMV registration in hand.

Also, this deal does require qualifying for VPP pricing.

$22 a month? Is that a typo? lol. LH 40 … contrats!

Mind sharing the breakdown of the $13346 untaxed credit?

$22/month but with $3885 at signing. It comes out to an equivalent of $185/month with $0 at signing.

Yes, but keep in mind that ~50% of the $3.8k (bottom three items below) is fixed cost that would be the same no matter the car or deal:

Drive off is made up of $1995 down payment
$650 Acquisitions fee
$85 Doc Fee
$1155 of DMV and tax and first months payment.

1 Like

I’m not totally sure… I think there was a $6k Nissan cash back, another $1k in other Nissan cash, and then also the VPP pricing discount. I didn’t get an exact break down. Looks like the deal is changed, but a screen capture is below. Mine wound up being slightly higher because of the All Weather package.

Totally. I was just pointing out to batates that the deal was not just $22/month

Edit: BTW this is the best Leaf deal I have seen in a long time.

1 Like

Would you have qualified for $2000 CVRP if you do 30 months?

Yes, but then they would raise the payment from $22 (24 mo) to ~$116 (36 mo). Still a good deal with the 2k rebate and longer term. But as described above, I don’t want it for 36 months :grinning:

2 Likes

Smart that you did the math and took the best deal. Nicely done and great color - congratulations and enjoy!

Congratulations. Great job on the Leaf! Enjoy the car.

That’s a really great deal especially it’s a SV, congrats!

1 Like

Congrats! Great option for those who already have received their CVRP and no longer qualify.

3 Likes

FYI for next time: There is no such thing as fixed cost or a minimum DAS barring any credit issues.

Any upfront taxes or fees can be capitalized in (“rolled into”) the monthly payment, up to the LTV allowed by the bank.

“Rolling into” the payment wouldn’t make the numbers different though, right? It just spreads it out over 24mo vs paying mostly up front. I understand the risk in paying more up front with a lease, but in this case it’s well within my comfort zone. And it’s very satisfying to have that low monthly payment!

1 Like

Wow that RV is wildly inflated.

I just tried to sell my 2018 Leaf SV with 10k miles and no one wanted to pay more than $16k for it.

Congrats OP. When it comes to Leaves, always lease new, never buy (even with all the EV incentives it’s a bad deal)

2 Likes

I loled at that 54% RV too. With that said, in some cases buying can’t be bad either. Remember 2 years ago when you could go down to $12-14k sale price after all incentives and discounts? They had that $10k utility discount on top of the other discounts. How do you lose with that?

Why are the gov fees so high?? They should be around $500 in Northern CA

Nice. I got an sv two months back about $1200-1500 more than you and only that because the dealer actually screwed up to my benefit and didn’t want to look like a jerk in front of my family (seriously—won’t get that lucky again).