SIGNED. 2020 Kia Forte GT-Line. $109/mo. $2,609 DAS. 24/12k

Hi guys! I want to share with you the deal I recently got through RODO hopping it can help and really appreciate any opinions.

Was the cheapest car I was able to find in Florida.

Excuse me if I didn’t make it right with the calculator.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Kia Forte Gt Line
MSRP: $ 21,500
Monthly Payment: $ 109
Drive-Off Amount: $ 2,609
Months: 24
Annual Mileage:12,000
MF:
Residual: 12,685
Incentives: 4,420
Region: South Florida
Leasehackr Score: 7.8
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

3 Likes

Not bad for Florida, effective $217 a month. This is beside the point, but purchase fee at the end $1,960? WTF?

1 Like

WTF?

Is it even allowed per the KMF? don’t they have it fixed?

Why did you put $$ down?

Just wondering…

How did 36 months deal looked?

And, I agree $2k purchase is WTF. I though my Hyundai was nuts with $300 purchase option fee.

With no down only 39 months was available for 217 a month…

39 months was available for 217 a month with 217 down.

Right now you can get it for 239 with the premium package. Same dealer.

Did you try to negotiate or just accepted what they had posted?

Per my understanding, any deal can be negotiated for First month DAS.

It adds a little bit of extra to the rental charge but protects you against loss of value if something happens to the vehicle.

Nope, I didn’t negotiate straight with the dealer. I considered I got a very good deal so I tried to close it asap.

Pretty decent deal. Just for future leases, you can negotiate any advertised payment for the lowest amount DAS. Never a good idea to pay down payment to get lower monthly payment. Unless it’s MSDs.

Also, like others said, the purchase option fee is outrageous.

Rule of any car transaction, don’t let your guard down just because the “Deal is Good”.

Enjoy the car.

Btw, can you detail your experience getting the car through RODO in this thread

1 Like

It’s BS, but in Florida, you can’t buy out your car directly from the leasing company (KMF in this case). You have to go through a dealership. And this is the pre-agreed upon “dealer” fee that the dealership is going to charge if you want to buy out your lease. You can shop around and see what other dealerships will charge, and probably get lower than this, but it’ll still be pricey. It basically makes it so that there’s no point in buying out a lease in florida.

Buying out a lease doesn’t make sense 99% of the time.

Oh these things seem like they could be a good value alternative to Corolla? - Just checked in SoCal and I’m getting around $200. I think they look quite good! Almost mini-Stinger-ish. Hard to believe you can now get an economy car from Kia that has a decent 200bhp, smart cruise and ventilated seats! What a world.

GT-line 2.0 147hp
GT 1.6 Turbo 201 hp

In general I agree. But for example, my wife’s car had a 36/12 lease, but she only ended up putting 15,000 miles on the thing. We loved the car and the residual is significantly lower than I can buy the same car from a used dealer. Plus, when it’s your lease you don’t have to worry about whether the car was taken care of properly. But after all the dealer fees, I decided it just wasn’t worth it.

Not with $2k in purchase option fee (in this case)

Hello,

Do you mind sharing the bottom part of the lease contract?

Thank you!

hey I just got quoted on a 2021 kia forte gt-line does this sound like a good deal?
msrp: 21,750
MF: .00111 (2.6%)
residual: 59%
terms: 36 month/10k miles
money down: $3500
monthly payment: $189
money down includes first month payment, all dmv/fees, its the drive off cost
area code: 14625
Thank you

Is the deal at MSRP? Did you confirm the MF with Edmunds?