Signed: 2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Limited - Effective Monthly: $91.82

Okay cool.

I don’t get this? how can you pre-approve when they the site is only pre-approving San Diego residents only? Thank you for all the information btw.

I called the CVAP yesterday and was told that they are processing Mid-June Applications at this time. Mine was sent on July 1st… Also, I sent them a copy of my W2’s as they can’t verify electronically with the IRS, so there is no delay as all paperwork was submitted at once…hopefully in the next couple of weeks I’ll get approved :crossed_fingers: :call_me_hand: and then off to the dealership negotiations board :money_mouth_face:

He signed the lease first and then applied for CVRP

1 Like

What you are referring to is CVRP. The one you need to get pre approved for beforehand is CVAP. There is a difference between the 2. They are 2 different programs. CVAP is a grant, you must be pre approved. CVRP is a rebate, you apply for it after your purchase.

CVAP - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program

CVRP - Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you for the clarification

I just got an e-mail of my approval for the CVAP-they are switching to a digital letter packet unless you opt in for an actual letter sent via US Mail… As stated-They will send a separate e-mail for the Approval Letter.
The 35 days were extended beyond July 31st for another 90 days, so I have 125 days to redeem the grant-due to COVID.

Application was sent on July 1st and I did send them all the necessary forms (W2, 1099, Tax Returns) so no delays were met… all in all it took about 2hrs with watching all the videos through the site.

Now the decision to be made:
-Mirai (First choice 2021 but won’t be able to wait, as grant will expire before release in December) 2019 (cheaper lease) or 2020
-Honda Clarity FC-most miles
-Hyundai Nexo-most $$$
-Chevy BOLT-will end up making some $2000+ when all incentives are applied :sunglasses:

Congrats on the approval. I an waiting in line too. 5 weeks is a great time. Also I don’t think you can go for nexo with this program

1 Like

congrats on the ride! I just signed my 2020 Ioniq Limited in NJ. Shared the deal here

The incentives are fantastic. I wish NJ had the EVGo AAA discount though-- and wish that our ‘up to $500 incentive for home charging infrastructure’ was live.

1 Like

Yes you can, Fuel Cell vehicles are excluded from the Max Price Point :call_me_hand:
You can use the Grant towards a Tesla 3 or Y model for purchase or lease…also CVRP can be had for the same Model 3 and Y$2000 plus an extra $2500 for low income=$4500 total rebate (I may purchase a Tesla 3 after the initial 30 months has passed)

Thanks so much OP I got approved for the rebate! What are people’s suggestions for the cheapest ev with all the grants and what not? I’m in the LA area.

1 Like

What’s the real range on a vehicle like this? Actually experience by users who got it

Bolt would be cheapest to lease from what I have seen. Also has the most range and best performance. If you aren’t looking for the most range and concerned about creature comforts and features, the Ioniq Electric is worth a look. I love mines. Interior comfort is night and day difference between the two.

I haven’t run the battery down completely yet but having calculated between what I have driven and what is left in the battery, 170 miles is easy. Someone on YouTube was able to do a highway run at 70mph and got the 170 miles advertise. If you feather the pedal and don’t do too many highway miles, you would could do almost 200 miles. Super efficient car, only the Model 3 standard range is more efficient I think.

Thanks paulboo for sharing your deal and your research. Couple of questions:

1. Did you explore the possibility of one-pay (single-pay) lease with Hyundai dealers? If yes, what sort of numbers were you getting?
  2. How can you get Tesla thru the CVAP program when its not listed in their list of dealerships?

I didn’t explore any one pay scenarios with this deal so I have no idea how that would look like.

As far as using CVAP with Tesla, it seems like you wouldn’t be able to according to the CVAP website since Tesla is not listed as an approved dealer. However on the Tesla website, it does list CVAP as one of the incentives that applies to Tesla. My guess is if you are able to find a used Tesla on the lot of one of the approved dealers then it would apply? I would check with CVAP to confirm.

Tesla does show on the approved dealership list:

I have noticed that their few links listed give you a different list-the one I posted is from the top drop down menu “VEHICLES” then “Dealerships” if you look up the web address it has 2020/08/Dealership-List.pdf the others have the 2020/07/Dealership-List.pdf address link

Does Hyundai usually increase incentives as the end of the year approaches? trying to decide if I should lease now or wait a few months for a better deal on the Ioniq

That is usually the case unless the car sells well without incentives. Just a quick skim on the Edmunds forum, it looks like there’s already an additional $2.250 incentive on top of what I got back in May. So it might be the case for the Ioniq Electric.

I wish I had known about this CVAP thing when I signed. My lease would have been free.