Signed: 2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Navi/RES

I just signed a pretty solid deal for a 2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Navi/RES in Maryland

Keep in mind MD is one the few states that collect taxes on the selling price. I trade in my 2015 Odyssey and got a $780 (6%) tax credit.

Contacted 6 dealers in the area, got quotes that ranged from $448 to $548

2020 EX-L w NAV/RES
MSRP: $41,280
Selling price pre-incentive: $33,750
Incentive: Honda $1k Loyalty
Tax Credit: $780 (trade in)
Monthly Payment: $398 (tax included)
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12
MF: .00130 (3.12%)
Residual: 58% ($23942)

I am also getting a $500 Costco card which gets my payments down to $384

Region: MD
Leasehackr Score: 9.7
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

The car is amazing, lots of safety upgrades from my 2015 Ody.

6 Likes

This might be the closest to a unicorn Ody you will find on LH, congrats! Amazing discount before the incentive!

I got this exact model/trim 2 months ago right before the $500 Costco deal. I love this van so much with new 10 speed tranny… enjoy yours!

2 Likes

Holy :poop: that discount, 18.2 preincentive on a Honda?

@HondaSoCal thoughts?

They cut you a check for $13k for your trade in ?

How hard was it to get them to that selling price preincentives? Was this their first offer or was it after a few back and forth?

Every region is different so I have no idea what incentives are out there. Great deal and enjoy!

My story is cars are flying off the dealerships for msrp and I am sticking to it.

May was a really solid month. The protests have really slowed things down this week. I am so bored I almost got drawn into an online wiener argument with some Qbronze wiener.

1 Like

I do find it hard to buy cars when somebody is choking me with his knee.

Hard to ask for the best price at that point I reckon.

Hopefully everyone stops harming everyone sooner than later.

Back to the Odyssey make sure you flex on all those Toyota Sienna people in their inferior vans.

I found it difficult to browse the forum while getting tear gassed fwiw.

I owed 11k on my 2015 so I am getting a 2k check in the next couple of weeks.

It all started with a Facebook ad from a different dealer

MSRP: $40,755
INTERNET PRICE: $33,897
HONDA LOYALTY. $1000
ADDITIONAL SAVINGS IF THERE IS A 2009-2020 REGISTERED HONDA IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD. TRADE IN NOT REQUIRED

So this was my starting point, from that I started emailing all the dealers in the area. The Honda loyalty pretty much covered the freight fee. A couple of other dealers had “dealer installed accessories” that were 1k so I told them I was not interested. The dealer I ended up buying from had only wheel locks on the car.

1 Like

It all started with a FB ad, I inquired on May 31st, the first quote I got was pretty close to this price and they told me the 1k loyalty deal was going to expire the next day (June 2nd), I confirmed the information on Honda’s website so I had one day to email dealers to get this deal. The dealer I ended up buying from is one of the biggest in the region, they told me they could beat any price.

Solid deal on a minivan and well done, especially for a full tax state

1 Like

$1000 dealer cash for both regions. $1000 loyalty aside.

Great deal indeed then. Curious why they didnt give you the check right there ? Did they provide you a “we owe you” signed sheet ?

1 Like

Not sure why but 4 years ago i traded in my car to the same group (chevy dealer) when i signed a a lease for an equinox and took me a week to get the check.

I got the paperwork. They originally had my 2k in the deal but i asked them to remove it.

Marcus

2 Likes

As long as you have that doc, you should be good. Congrats again :clap:

1 Like

Great deal, especially in MD. I had an Odyssey once and it was fantastic. I can only imagine how much better the newer ones are.

1 Like