Signed: 2020 Ford Explorer ST $60,335 $636/month 36/12k NJ

, ,

2020 Explorer ST, Star White, Street Pack, Premium Tech.

MSRP: $60,335
Selling price: $55,492.70
Monthly Payment: $ 636.50
Drive-Off Amount: $2500 (includes first month)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00079167 (1.9%)
Residual: 55%
Incentives: $3000
Region: Northeast
Leasehackr Score: 7.8

Total Fees $1782.32;
Registration $399
Acquisition $645
Doc $499
NJ Tire $7.5
Online Processing 9.85
Supplemental Title 221.97

4 Likes

Enjoy the car

1 Like

Yep, enjoy. Hard to get a higher discount on a just released model. Others will tell you you could have got more for less. Completely irrelevant now.

For comparison, I got the previous gen Explorer Sport (2018, MSRP ~$52k) for $420 before sales tax, 1st month payment DAS + tax only. But another time, another vehicle, at a time late in its model cycle.

Great car, great engine. I think you’ll be very happy.

1 Like

I was totally ready to wince at the prospect of paying that much for an Explorer but actually, there aren’t (m)any other comparable 3-row SUV’s with this kind of power at this price point. Just the ancient Durango SRT really?

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ve always liked the Explorer and was looking at one a few years back, those were discounted well, these not so much yet. Not even a broker could help out with this vehicle(best anyone came up with was mid 7s). Luckily the dealer was friendly and apparently squeezed in some incentives I don’t think I qualified for.

I’m well aware an effective payment of nearly 700 a month for an explorer sounds insane, but up against an XC90 and Velar, contrary to popular opinion, I strongly preferred the ST over both and was willing to pay a little extra for it.

Coming out of a C63 I needed the power lol…and after the tune it’s pushing over 500hp :slight_smile: Ford’s copilot is surprisingly effective and the massaging seats are better than I’ve had in previous cars too. Very happy with it.

3 Likes

That’s what counts. You could get a sleepy SUV for less, or a AMG/M-series/Porsche for insanely more, but you have power, technology, and something you like. Just curious, did you go with Livernois for the time?

can you share the dealer id like to get this car and i will refer you

5star, they seem to have pushed the limit a little more and being just a lease, why not :rofl::rofl:

How’s the 5 star tune I’m about to pull the trigger

Insane, so much more responsive. Power is more accessible and shifting is more intuitive, wheels even spin sometimes now :rofl:

That’s Awesome

Def a nice truck. I’m just dreading that every car is going to have an iPad in it eventually. At least ram made if somewhat look like it belongs. In this car it looks mounted on the air vents on the dash.

What’s this 100hp tune on a lease you’re speaking of? That sounds risky unless the dealer isn’t going to be servicing it.

2 Likes

Good deal considering the new model ST release. Contemplating myself making the move back to Ford. Just sat in the new Explorer over the weekend and will include in my list come July when my BMW 530 lease ends. Right now considering the X3 M40i, X5, X6 Audi SQ5, Q8 and Jaguar F Pace. Curious what other vehicles did you consider before selecting the Explorer?

Just an ecu flash, so it reprograms how the engine and transmission operate. Ends up with much better performance all around.

2 Likes

Considered pretty much all of those. There was no need I was trying to fill with the choice, so it pretty much came down to a Wrangler, XC90 and Velar. It really just came down to the performance and features, with the massaging seats, all digital dash, copilot etc, this just had everything at the best value.

Congrats on the new ride!
Did not know that Ford Explorer now has a tag over 60K MSRP…

I am not a Ford person but even if you remove the flash is it still visible to dealer if they plug into car? I know with Hondata ECU flashes dealers can still see you did something it even after you remove it. Unlikely to matter on a lease either way unless you somehow damaged the engine or transmission.

2 Likes

Nice, will include in my test drive circuit.

Just curious, how many miles per year did you get for $420 per month?

10,500. More than enough for me, especially now with it just sitting in the driveway.