Signed: 2020 Chevy Bolt LT, One-Pay, Effective Monthly: $0 with $1942 rebated :)

Is the 1400$ the loyalty//conquest for Bay Area residents?

$1,400 isn’t lotalty / conquest is a regional incentive if you live in SF.

2 Likes

Does the car need to be bought from a Bay Area dealer? Or just registered to a Bay Area address?

For the sake of clarification

Costco Incentive Guideline Per GM Financial ($3,000 Rebate)

Eligible Costco Members

• ONLY CUSTOMERS WHO WERE COSTCO MEMBERS AS OF SEPTEMBER 1, 2020, OR WHO BECOME A COSTCO MEMBER AT A COSTCO WAREHOUSE THAT OPENS AFTER AUGUST 31, 2020, AND WHO TAKE DELIVERY OF AN ELIGIBLE VEHICLE BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 AND JANUARY 4, 2021 ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS OFFER.

• THIS OFFER CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO INDIVIDUALS RESIDING IN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD. BOTH THE TRANSFEROR’S (ELIGIBLE COSTCO MEMBER) AND TRANSFEREE’S RESIDENCY MUST BE VERIFIED WITH CURRENT DRIVER’S LICENSE OR STATE IDENTIFICATION.

Loyalty / Conquest ($1,500 Rebate)

Conquest - Must have any current non GM lease in the household. It will need to be verified with the vehicles registration and the lessee’s ID showing the same household address.

Loyalty - Must have a current lease or a lease with GM Financial that ended after March 1st. If lease has ended / been terminated you must have a copy of your contract showing maturity date as such. It must be the natural maturity date of the lease on the contract, extensions do not count.

CVAP

You must apply and wait 3 weeks - 3 months for approval. You must have this before leasing a vehicle. We do not take $5,000 IOUs. It is not a post-sale rebate. Once you have the approval packet for the grant we take the $5,000 as down payment.

CVRP

Post sale rebate you can apply for, not included in any of my structures and I cannot discuss eligibility or chances you will qualify due to liability reasons. Please visit their website if you have any questions / would like to know more. https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng

SCE / SDGE

Another post sale rebate some can apply for. Again, this is not included in any of my quotes and I cannot discuss eligibility or the effect of qualification would be due to liability reasons.

6 Likes

It goes by the garaging address

3 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to type this up Ethan! I’m sure this will come in handy in answering most of the questions from people new to the incentives/rebates.

Just wanted to point out there’s one typo. The second “CVAP” title should actually be “CVRP” instead.

Thanks again for adding value and providing great deals on this forum!

4 Likes

Hello~
I’m looking to lease a bolt in SoCal. I was wondering how I should start the process? I’m not sure how to email dealerships. If anyone can give me some pointers! I have a lease that terminates in a year, but I didn’t do so great with the first lease. Thought I could pick up a few pointers with the next one. Thank you so much!

This has been discussed many times before but there’s no point reaching out unless you’ve found a way out of your current lease (which has also been discussed many times and even has an article here on it).

In the same boat, got this offer

, but it doesn’t make sense! I was looking for $154.00 down & $154.00 for 36 months

What doesn’t make sense? Actually a pretty good starting point. 3 or 4% more off the selling price and you have a great deal.

I was looking for this deal, had four dealers contact me saying yes they can do $154.00 down and $154.00 for 36 months plus tax, but the deal screen dealer insists that I have to live in san Francisco!

If you don’t live in SF you don’t qualify for their $1,400 rebate… what am I missing?

Sorry for my ignorance, i am new to leasing, does that mean that i would have to come up with an additional $1,400.00 to get to $154.00 + tax? Also if it’s $154.00 down, how come the drive off says $1,850.00?

Start by reading the articles here to familiarize yourself with leasing:

These types of scenarios in these blog posts you referenced usually mean “Zero Down” as no cash out of pocket to lower the cost of the lease (Cap cost reduction). Like many dealership ads they leave out TTL (Tax, title and licensing fees) which can add a significant cost, depending on where you live and what the fees/taxes are in that region. If you are looking for a deal on one of these, you’ll need to consider the following:

Which Bolt is right for you? The basic model (LT) or the upgraded model (Premier)? How many miles a year do you need? The amount of miles you get will change the cost of the lease a bit on these, as well as almost all leases.

What incentives do you qualify for? Right now everyone gets either $5,750 (LT) or $6,750 (Premier) in lease cash. If you have a Costco membership that was active before 9/1/2020 you get another $3,000 incentive. If you have a lease in your household you get another $1,500 incentive. People who live in the Bay area of California currently get another $1,400 on top of that. Check out Autobytel or Edmunds and enter your zip code into their incentives pages if you aren’t sure about a particular incentive. Additionally, if you are in California the CVRP program and some local utilities offer combinations of grants and post sale rebates for their residents and customers, sometimes tied to income requirements. You should look into what you qualify for.

Finally, once you have an idea of what you want, what you qualify for and what to expect. Shop around for quotes. Search inventory at multiple dealers and reach out for quotes. The biggest variance will be the price of the car before any of the incentives. That’s the only thing that you or the dealer really have any control over. Most of the best deals achieved here on these have had discounts of at least 10% off before the incentives were applied. You should be aiming for that type of discount. Check out the GM Supplier discount program pages to see if you qualify, that can help you get a bigger dealer discount.

Add all of those elements and you can get a great deal on one of these, if you are confident in your research and are prepared to do the work required. Alternatively, you can keep an eye on the Marketplace here to see what types of deals are being offered by some of the dealers and/or brokers that advertise here.

3 Likes

i was looking for an LT, 12k miles i have costco, i have a current lease due in December, also live in the bay area, just not san francisco!

What’s your zip code?

94503, i also have a san francisco address that i can use, but do not want to go through the trouble!

1 Like

Your zip code qualifies for the $1,400 according to Autobytel. It’s not a “San Francisco Incentive”, it’s a “Bay Area incentive”. Either the dealer didn’t know or ask for your zip code, or they are not disclosing it, trying to make their offer look better.

1 Like

a few asked for my zip and said they could the $154.00 down, $154.00 for 36 months, that’s why i was confused about dealer insisting that i have to live in san francisco?

just want to say that i appreciate all the info from lh forum members as being a newbie to leasing is pretty intimidating!

1 Like