Signed: 2020 Chevy Bolt LT, One-Pay, Effective Monthly: $0 with $1942 rebated :)

You can say what you want about the Bolt, but it’s fun drive, easy to park and can comfortable transport 5 humans around town. Oh and it’s cheap as chips! I mostly use it for my 60 mile commute 4 days a week and it’s perfect, especially at $130/mo.

9 Likes

OMG…aren’t you ashamed of what your coworkers say about your car at water-cooler breaks?..lol

3 Likes

It really is an excellent example of what electrification can do in terms of interior packaging. It’s not a large car by any means but it is surprisingly roomy, especially in the back seat. You still have decent cargo space with 5 passengers, and if you fold the seats flat you can fit a lot of stuff in there. It’s not going to make anyone forget about true enthusiast cars and hot hatches, but I don’t see how someone could drive one and walk away thinking that it is bad. With better tires it could probably be a fun car to autocross. When you factor in the price it is possible to pay (or not pay!) for these it is hard to argue against it being the best value in the industry right now.

8 Likes

it’s far from free, even with 5k dealer discount and lease loyalty (1500), it’s still close to 10K for a one pay lease. MA gives 2500 after that, so 7500 for 3yr/15k

May wait to next month to see if GM ups the incentives.

1 Like

The sheet that you posted didn’t have an acquisition fee, did you have them waive it to bump the money factor and bring it back down with the one pay?

Not sure why it didn’t show up on the quote sheet but there’s definitely a $695 acquisition fee on the final lease agreement that I signed, as well as a bunch of taxes and fees. But my one-pay amount stayed the same so I’m not complaining.

Yup totally agree. It was so much fun driving it back from the dealer through mountain roads. The instant torque, and instant regen braking, combined with the excellent handling, made it very tossable on curvy roads. And yes the tires are by far the weakest link. I’ve owned and driven alot of enthusiasts cars in the past and the bolt is still top on my list in terms of overall fun and practicality. Electric cars are definitely the future.

Having said that, I’m not thrilled with Chevy’s quality control. The cheap plastic interior doesn’t bother me much but the steering wheel was actually crooked by 1 degree to the left. It’s not really a big deal but my OCD drives me nuts every time I drive the car. Another guy who also bought a brand new bolt from the same dealership had his steering wheel crooked by 1 degree to the right. They fixed it for him by adjusting the alignment by 1 degree. I have an appointment with a local dealer this coming Monday, hoping they can fix mine with a simple realignment as well. I guess Tesla’s are not the only ones with quality issues :joy:

On average they’re perfect :ok_hand:t4:

4 Likes

Now I’m gonna have to check my steering wheel :joy:… I find that the car stays reasonably well planted given its height. The tires aren’t great but that’s by design for efficiency purposes. My biggest gripe is the solid rear axle. I’m guessing it was done to cut costs but it does impact ride quality a little bit.

Yeah I’ve found the bolt to be a bit “hoppy” on the freeway but not terrible.

I’m usually fine on highways, really the only time I notice it is coming down the street to turn onto my block. There’s this one bumpy section of pavement that shakes it around pretty good. Outside of that it’s usually smooth. What I ended up paying for it more than makes up for it.

Anybody capable of going through all of this to get this hack…should not be low income…

Depending on the household size in the grant requirements “low income” isn’t really that low. And just because someone doesn’t make a ton of money that doesn’t mean that they can’t have the wits about them to hack a deal like this.

4 Likes

nice -

makes we wonder - - - is there an issue with single pays in the unfortunate circumstance of a total loss from a theft or collision?

GM prorates one-pay.

2 Likes

The CA “low income” grant starts at $50k but quickly ramps up to over $100k for a family of 4.

This applies to a lot of other “low income” incentives from CA, that’s why they’ve been changing the language to “moderate income” lately.

2 Likes

Teachers, grad students, nurses, even newly minted MDs… there’s tons of well-educated people who don’t make bank.

You also don’t need a big paper degree to be smart enough to lease hack.

5 Likes

Hell, I’d take a Bolt even for $100/mo :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if you can get the $1500 conquest on a lease and any dealers in NJ that would give $5k off sticker on a base LT?

The NJ EV guru is @ElectricEliminator

Hey there - where are you seeing this deal?

Would appreciate a DM as I am currently navigating conversations with various Boston dealerships. Hopefully we can be on this path together, thanks!