Signed: 2019 VW Jetta S - $198/month ($456 DAS)

Hey all,

Been an avid Leasehackr troll for some time and learned a great deal from you all. Agreed to this deal and going in to sign the papers tomorrow - can you pick this apart and let me know your thoughts / if there’s any more room to push them?

Car: 2019 VW Jetta S Manual
MSRP: $20,325
Selling price: $15,900
Months: 36
Miles: 7,500
Residual: 49%
MF: I think they used 0.0001, but should be 0.00001 - some room to push here but effect will be minimal @ $2/month
Acquisition: $675 (rolled into monthly)
DAS: $251 (Title, license, registration) + $205 (dealer processing fees) = $456; $0 first month’s payment

Monthly payment with tax = $198.61 ($186 without tax)

Leasehackr score not factoring in the $0 first month’s payment = 8.4 years

Thoughts? I might switch lease terms to 10k miles/year, which would bring the monthly to $203 with tax (if 0.00001 MF). Don’t know which other new cars you can get for $0 down <$200/month. Let me know if you think there’s more room to push on the selling price as well, as it’s a 2019 model (but I might lose the $0 first month’s payment then).

Appreciate your help!

I’d double check the lease cash on edmunds, but it appears to be $1650. If that’s the case I doubt you’ll be able to get this any lower.

You might want to add where you are since prices/offers vary by geography in some cases.

One other thing to note, re-run the numbers at 39 mo as the residual is either the same or barely changed, so may result in a lower monthly payment. But you’d also need to do the math on the 4th year of registration to confirm if it’s worth it.

I’m in the DC area and they just started running the $0 everything ads for a VW Jetta. Not from a local dealer but VW USA. $0 down, $0 due at signing ETC. I assume it’s for an S model. I will pay attention next time and get the month payment and miles.

Not sure where you’re located, but you may be able to get the same. I want to say in years past, the Jetta S was $179/month and a GTI S was $199/month. Small window to get in and even smaller inventory though. Have to get in early.

Good point - added in original post (60504).

Yes, that’s a good point, but just personal preference to do 3 years flat vs. 39 months (would rather avoid the extra 3 months of payments and registration fee as you mentioned)

1 Like