Signed: 2019 Kia Stinger Base $317/month, $317 DAS

Wow that’s insane.

So basically you got a 34% discount on the car? First Month’s and Buyout are $23,068.44. Divide that by MSRP. Maybe I am looking at it differently, but still the lease on this car is a great deal.

That would be correct. I was shocked myself. :smiley:

If you were planning on buyout, the rebate on 24 month lease was even better. BUT, heck of a deal regardless! Had a Premium for 4 days (was planning on buying out), but the dealer started playing games so I returned it.

Wouldn’t that be the cost of 3-year worth of lease payments + RV?
Or 1st month+ termination penalty + RV?

I was not planning on buying it out initially. It wasnt until after I signed everything that the idea came to mind. First time leasing, but next time I’ll definitely take that into consideration.

At $317, I would probably just drive it and turn it in in 36 months😀.

With KMF (and probably most captives?), if you buy out early, you don’t pay the rent charge.

Correct! I forgot to add that part into consideratipn but I guess you will need pay depreciation too.
So basically cap cost plus qst mo rent charge plus whatever option fees then tax

So buying it is not as simple as just paying the buy out amount?

The buy out is just that, nothing to it. Only thing you have to find out is if it includes taxes.

Technically, yes.

But if they give a Buyout quote with an amount it is usually that.

Correct I was confused by the term buyout vs lease-end residual. I guess Buyout price is a dynamic pricing that has considered all above discussed.

Fixed, rolled fees into price and adjusted cash down

1 Like

Holy smokes!

what is a rent charge?

Interest…

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 2

People pay this much for a Kia. I’m shook.

Have you actually driven one?

1 Like

No need to it’s a Kia. Horrible resale value and will always be known as a cheap brand. Perception is king. It’s the reason why people buy Bmw and Mercedes cause of perception.