Signed 2019 G70 3.3T ELITE RWD (TX) - $375 per month, DAS $375, 12K miles including taxes

Post calculator and write out the numbers?

12k / 36mo

MSRP 51120
Cost before incentives: 43620
Incentives: 5750
MF .00027
DAS ~2500
Payment $456 / 415 before tax
Score 9.2 years

You can try to push for a bit more discount. Or, you could ask other dealers for quotes.

I am not really knowledgeable about Genesis discount by any means, but you are over the 1% rule (adding in DAS into MP puts you over $500/month for a $43620 car).

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking. Not a lot of 2019 3.3t in my neighborhood though.

Did you search Hyundai/AutoTrader?

Yeah Iā€™ll shop it a bit more. Iā€™ll check autotrader for sure.

@volvo1 appreciate you trying to help but letā€™s now measure up using the 1% rule. Thereā€™s way too many factors with that and doesnā€™t work as well with all cars.

That aside, he is right about more discount and checking other quotes

1 Like

Tbh 1% rule is pretty hard to get with a 46% RV.

Itā€™s a rule of thumb, not some sort of determining factor. Lots of Hondaā€™s over the 1% rule, but they are still good deals (and much higher RVs than that 46% on the Genesis).

Apologies if my last post was misleading.

Not misleading - I totally get it. Ultimately not as many good reference points for genesis vs bmw / Mercedes etc. Iā€™ll keep this thread updated.

Sounds good.

These days, it seems that every 3rd car is a C300, X3/4M, or a M340(X)i.

Iā€™ll just signed one - MSRP 51,365 / Discount 6,110 / Rebates 7,250 / MF .00027 / RV 46% (which is utter shit). This is in WA btw. All thats left is higher end, white G70s and then lots of 2.0T (in white / black).

Basically lines up to my calculator linked above in this thread. Learned a lot in this go round and should be able to get an even better lease 3 years from now :slight_smile:

edit: also reviewed my previous lease (2017 ford edge sport), it was HORRIBLE. wish I had found this place earlier.

Not misleading but lot of people measure up a deal using the 1% rule and itā€™s just not right. I meant it when I said appreciate you helping around!

Sorry if asked, how did you get loyalty If you sold to Carvana?

I appreciate it. It is controversial, and I wouldnā€™t not sign a good deal if it was over the coveted 1%. Just helping to put into perspective.

1 Like

Congrats! Njoy. Its fun ride.

I see lot of complaining about low RV but I think Genesis is realistic. They have good incentives, MF is crazy low which compensates the lower RV. I will take lower RV over inflated MFs anyday. That ensures you can keep the car down the line if you decide at reasonable price. Yes it makes leases little harder to crack but thats part of the fun.

1 Like

Congrats on the car!

Enjoy it!

1 Like

Yeah totally. I might have been able to get about 1k more off by waiting, but Iā€™m in Seattle and Covid19 is no joke. If Iā€™m going to die it might as well be in a nice rideā€¦

2 Likes

Just wanted to share that dealerā€™s are still out there hustling as a part of essential businesses during COVID-19 Quarantine. I locked down an awesome deal on a G70 2.0T Prestige RWD with $407 down and $407 a month for 36 mo. That includes tax in Texas.

Thanks to the hard working men and women in all industries still hustling.

2 Likes

Dealers are not familiar with the lease cash. The couple I have called have only offered $1k Lease Cash.
I have talked to Austin and San Antonio.