Signed: 2019 E-tron MSRP: 75470, DAS: 2700, 395/mo including tax

E-tron not eligible

I know we’re going a little OT here but I didn’t want the chore of typing out the response on my phone earlier.

The word that I use to describe the consumers here is VICTIM.

From a consumer perspective, this is what my neighbors and I run into often. We live in a unique neighborhood that is mostly transplants so we have experienced level of services and work ethics from other regions to know most consumers are getting shafted. I’ll just say that from my experience, at least the ones doing the shafting will at least try to use lube (they’re not all sleazy). From landscapers, trades, and other services, we are beginning to accumulate a list of vendors that offer top notch work, are less predatory, and have better hustle (and surprise, most aren’t natives).

Back to cars – The network of dealers here are the good ole boys club. They all use the same tactics that we on LH have been educated to avoid.

What happens when the typical consumer goes to a dealership here?

We run into the same stonewall of “everyone pays MSRP here” or we get offered absurd discount that might as well be left off because they’ll add back in other fees that makes it all a wash. And it’s take it or leave it because almost every dealer gives the a similar type of response. After a while it’s difficult to not notice the consistent patterns of behavior.

Now, if you’re a Native and have never experienced the competition in other markets such as SoCal, the CO market and treatment is all you’ve ever known so you don’t put up a fight, give up and pay the asking price which enables the network of dealerships to wash, rinse, and repeat. The consumer doesn’t have a chance.

Colorado is all they’ve ever known and don’t know any better so they accept it. That is why when someone proudly claims, “I’ve been a native for over 30 years”, I automatically think, “this person likely hasn’t experienced or seen much.” They think it is a badge of honor or some sort, but it’s really not. It’s proclaiming your ignorance. I don’t really want to get into why I think there are so many mass shootings here but that victim mentality and mindset has something to do with it. They just keep getting shafted until it’s too much to hold within.

Anyway, this is also true of many other industries here. Food, customer service, trades, etc. They stick consumers with ridiculously high prices for subpar services or quality product. AND people pay their prices because they can’t or won’t shop around, or have no other choice. Grudgingly, willingly, I don’t know. Food is one of our biggest gripes. Having traveled and lived in other regions of the US and the world, you understand what quality service and product is. Here, because of the lack of choice and the lack of hustle, we are stuck with what others are willing to accept. Too often, most consumers won’t do anything about it and let it happen. Luckily, over the last 12 months, there have been a ton of new grand openings from outside of the region that has improved the service and products. This will ultimately change what most consumers here will or won’t accept. I say most because some, like the victims they are, will cling to their abusers for the sake of loyalty, pride, or some other reason that educated folks won’t accept. We see that all the time with food bloggers and other natives who will not give the new businesses airtime because they aren’t “native”. With the COVID pandemic, like it or not, there will be some closures and hopefully those who weren’t any good will get swept away.

If we’re talking about the lack of volume, I would like to bring up the markets in the neighboring states. According to Google, Denver has a population listed at 2.8M while Omaha, Oklahoma City, and a city in NW Arkansas have significantly lower populations (40-70% lower populations) and naturally lower volume yet I am able to negotiate double the discounts on similar cars compared to the Denver area. Maybe they got stuck with allocations their demographics would not buy, I don’t know. My point is, within a 800 mile radius, I am able to negotiate a 5% additional discount on a $120k car compared to “everyone pays full price CO”. Transport is < $1 mile so I’m sure we can do the math on what the net gain for the consumer is. I’m outspoken about this in my dealings with dealers here so I absolutely have no problem calling them out on their BS and will continue to do so.

I know it could get long but I would love to hear the details of the market here from the industry perspective. The CO market is changing everyday as more transplants move here. Critical mass will eventually arrive where they will no longer accept how the consumers are treated here as the consumer base becomes a more educated one.

3 Likes

You pretty much summed up why I haven’t nailed down any meaningful/lasting partnerships with dealers in CO.

1 Like

Just got this back for a Prestige

That Looks nauseating

4 Likes

I too am in the $1000 club. Thank you audi overlords for this blessing

1 Like

Audi north Orlando ? They are crazy, I spoke with them. 50 e tron in stock and no good deals

3 Likes

I guess they are waiting for more incentives from manufacturer LOL

1 Like

I have to be reading that wrong…does that say 9k up front too???

Edit: this must be including the credits nvm

Based on the above numbers, it seems like the total selling price could be $30k below sticker on a base model.

Invoice is ~4k under MSRP
Loyalty 2k
10% - 7.5k
Costco - 7.5k
Marketing 7.5k
+2% 1.5k
= ~$30k assuming dealer were willing to not make any money on the car itself.

The dealer loss starts a lot sooner than at ~$30k. Nearly all dealers I’ve contacted won’t combine both the Costco discount and marketing allowance.

I was getting pretty excited about trying to replicate this deal… that was until I got an insurance quote…

At ~$1k/mo that pretty much killed everything.

2 Likes

You mean $1k per 6 months?

This is fantastic. I’ve had my eye on an SQ5 but I can’t find a dealer to offer more than 9% off sticker, and I can’t get anywhere close to a 1% lease on a $65k MSRP car — all quotes in the $750/mo range.

Should I be angling for an e-tron instead, even though it’s a much more expensive car?! (I am a Costco member.)

1 Like

This has to be a mistake. My quote is 100/mo.

$1k/mo, $6 for 6 months through Metlife…

I am currently paying $130/mo for my 650i through same company so I am not sure whats up. I will be getting a few more quotes based on what you all are posting.

Edit: quoted $155/mo with Geico - not sure what is up with Metlife

etron quote is less than my A4 by $6 every six months. I’d look at different companies.

I have etron quattro and 5 year old civic for 110$ a month in MD with Geico.

Has anyone been able to replicate this deal, anywhere?

over 100 people contacted me to match it! so NO ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes