SIGNED 2019 BMW i8 Roadster - MSRP $172,395 - $0 DAS+MAX MSD - 24/7.5k

The most BMWFS will extend a lease is six months. I don’t think having an i4 reservation would meet the requirement since it’s not launching until summer 2022.

IMO BMW did themselves a major disservice by discontinuing the i3 if for no other reason than that leaves them with no fully electric option in the interim for those coming off-lease. It would have been worth keeping it around until the i4/iX was actually launched just to keep current i3 customers. Although maybe i8 customers would transition to a 330e/530e.

1 Like

Out of curiosity what’s your current residual?

Also I’d be curious if your residual increased when you did a lease extension. The buyout for my 330e is ~ $3k higher after I extended the lease, whereas normally it would be adjusted downwards.

Do you know how long it is to go through that process of selling it? I might be able to hold off on turn in as Im going through a lease transfer to a 745e… but already in stage 3 and getting my last set of docs tomorrow.

I did quotes through vroom and carvana. It’s a car that doesn’t get an automatic quote so I’ll see what they say

Interested, please post the offers when you do. Know someone in similar situation.

1 Like

I received an offer of 103k on my i8. My payoff is 100k. Does anyone know if you can negotiate on these offers… I’m happy with 103k… it’s 3k more than I had before but just curious

Is your payoff the dealer payoff or yours that you got online ? Does it include sales tax ? Some can negotiate.

I got that from going to the dealer. I do not know if it includes sales tax… is that something I should be concerned about? I’m at autonation so maybe people have some experience with them that they could share

Look it up on your bmw financial website you can request a payoff.

1 Like

Well well…my newbieness is showing. I really thought the residual value would be the payoff amount at the end of the lease but after checking online, the lease payoff is 106k. I don’t get how the lease payoff is 106k and residual value is 100k when the lease is essentially done…actually it is done…bmw gave me a 5 day grace period to return the car.

Your online payoff look at the breakdown could include tax and Potentially MSDs

1 Like

It definitely includes msds

Can you post it (censored of your personal details), I’d be happy to help decode it.

It’s the sales tax. When they quote the payoff at 103k, would they be assume they’d pay the tax on that as well or just 103k period

Your pre tax buyout is 100,208.24. In some places, the lease payoff is required to show sale tax, etc. If you don’t apply the MSD the above number is the payoff.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’ll lose some of your security deposit if you cash in on the 103k offer from a dealer/vroom etc.

5250-3000= ~ $2200

Others can correct me if I’m wrong

vroom 103k offer doesnt include the msds so he’ll get that back separately from bmwfs after account closes

1 Like

Thought maybe the return on the security deposit was conditional on bmwfs getting their car back. Noted !

lol if that was the case, there’d be a case in state Supreme Court, holding msds as hostage lol

There is no scenario this would happen.

1 Like

Hey I left the door cracked open and y’all kicked it in haha. This looks to all be moot, OP said car has to be returned.