Signed! 2019 BMW 530e Loaner $60k MSRP 36/12 $357+tax 2200 DAS 7 MSDs

So regular tires when you pick up and throw oem set on on turn in?

I bought used rft on turn in once, way cheaper and no guessing ahead of time how much tread you might have left at the end.

30k isnā€™t the issue. Tread life is. That said, Iā€™d be shocked if anyone got 30k out of a set of run flats.

1 Like

Arenā€™t miles driven and tread life directly connected?

Yes. That said, your comment made it sound like your tires were rejected by BMW based on miles, not tread life.

You and I can drive 30k on a set of tires and have completely different tread remaining

1 Like

Ahh got it!

I did on my 528i on my run flat.

Then you got extremely lucky. Iā€™m not alone in the fact of having to replace mine much sooner than that.

I too would like to know how you found a loaner car.

It also depends a lot on whether BMW installed all-season or summer tired. Summer RFTs will definitely not last 30k miles. I returned a 535i with 29k on the odometer and the all-season tires still had thread > 4/32ā€.

Do you know what BMW charges at turn in for each tire?

IIRC, itā€™s about 300-350/tire

:flushed: jaw dropping. guess Iā€™m keeping a close eye on tread.

1 Like

Exhorbitant.

PMd you info.

I waited to the last minute to try and save myself from buying tires on my Genesis. Unfortunately, they were between 1-3/32nd during the winter and because I had a longer commute to get the kids I would drive the Yukon Denali (wifeā€™s car) in snow storms, leaving her with a car with horrible tires in the snow. You can only guess her hatred of my Genesis.

Contemplating getting a set of winters, not sure if they will last through 3 since I will probably have to buy a new set of run flats anyways before lease is up. Estimating Iā€™ll hit around 40k miles.

1 Like

If your tires are low already why not buy new ones right away so you can benefit from them instead of waiting till the last min then buying new ones and returning the car.

1 Like

I thought I could get away with it on the Genesis but didnā€™t realize how bad they had gotten. I put the cheapest tires I could find on that car so wasnā€™t a big deal, still have it for a couple of months.

Why would you want you "get away with " riding in poor tread tires?

1 Like

Rode fine for me. Again didnā€™t want to pay for replacement tires as I was ~5 months from turning it in and it seemed to by right at the cut off. This is Leasehackr after all.

1 Like