Signed! 2019 BMW 530e Loaner $60k MSRP 36/12 $357+tax 2200 DAS 7 MSDs

Yes, but when you’re addicted like some of us on LH here, you want to rotate as often as you can!

1 Like

I’d waste so much time looking for deals if I did this :slight_smile:

Do you find the level 1 charger sufficient for day to day use? I just plug the car in at home for the night and it is charged in the morning. Using maximum level charging. I need to have a new plug installed and curious if their level two charger is worth it. Still costs around 380 from discount websites.

For level two I’d recommend a Clipper Creek EVSE. LCS20 will do for this car but LCS30 for future proofing.

Yeah, if you only drive once a day, it’ll probably suffice if you only plan on charging overnight. If I worked a standard daytime job and just commuted once daily, I probably wouldn’t have needed level 2 charging. However if you have a more dynamic, varied or unpredictable schedule, level 2 charging is totally worth it. We sometimes need the car multiple times a day for various work or leisure activities, and 7 hour charging windows doesn’t lend itself well to that kind of usage. I paid $200 on amazon for my charger.

Which charger did you get?

I’ll PM you

I think ours takes more than overnight to get a full charge. Is there some setting I need to adjust?

You need to go to your charging settings and make sure it’s set to maximum if your outlet supports it, which it should. The charger pulls 10A in max mode, 7.5 in reduced, and down to 6A in low mode. If you look at the dash it will give you an estimate of when your charging will finish.

thats awesome congrats on your purchase. Awesome car, and gotta love the post sale rebates!!!

The charger included is not intended for everyday use. They call it an OUC - occasional use charger. Buy an L2 EVSE and have a 32amp plug properly wired if you own your own property.

We did 50amp and could reliably go up to that for charging.

50amp is best agreed, depending on load calculations and what people have in their house (pool, electric stove, dryer, etc) may not be feasible to go that high. Most can do at least 32 and thats the quickest any non-tesla ev can charge. I did a 50amp circuit but most you can charge is 40amp on it, can only do 80%.

Which website you used to find the loaners? Thanks.

I do not think I qualify for any post sale rebates in CT. Car is too expensive to qualify for the EV rebate and I bought out of state.

1 Like

This is what I will probably end up doing. Adds to the cost of the lease :frowning:

Which dealership was this ?

Yes but it makes the car more useful. Alternatively you can charge the car through the ICE for 10min highway driving before surface street driving.

If you plan on getting another PHEV or BEV then it’s totally worth it to invest in a L2 EVSE.

I PMd you then info

If you run 30k miles on those run flats BMW will charge you for a new set on turn in.

I’ve made this mistake in the past, always throw regular tires on mine now.