Signed: 2019 BMW 440i xDrive 6-speed, $65k MSRP, $500/month inc tax, $0 DAS

Well, he wasn’t looking for a manual when he started. Although I can’t blame him, I remember how amazing it was to drive my 3-series stick back in the day. Yeah, it really depends how long the car was there but they’re hard to find because most people want AT.

I emailed asking them to match the 15% deal I had on the Mineral Gray/red automatic car, and their first counter was 11%. I said that I’d pass unless they could match the 15%. They came back with 12%; I said no and that I was headed off to another dealer in the area (which was true). They then agreed to 15%. I mentioned MSDs several emails later.

The photos were taken at the peak of Bear Mountain in New York. Fantastic spot, especially at sunset.

3 Likes

The CarGurus listing for the car indicated that it’d been on the lot for over 200 days, so yeah, I’m sure they wanted to get rid of it. My guess is that the sitting had more to do with the manual than the high MSRP, but that combo does make the car particularly hard to move. I personally didn’t want to lease a new car unless it had every option I wanted (I know, not a good trait when hacking leases), so I guess it’s a good thing that I stumbled on this.

There were only 4 new 2019 440i manuals for sale across the entire country. This was one, there were two at a dealer in NY that wasn’t willing to deal, and I think one was in Chicago? The dealer mentioned that people from around the US were starting to ask about the car. I don’t know how true that was, but it’s possible that people were finding out about the great incentives, so I decided to bite the bullet.

2 Likes

Let me ask you guys this: I just checked BMW’s website and I see they are offering some great incentives, plus “suggested dealer contribution”. (Of course, they want $3K down but that ain’t happenin’.) So say in their example, the MSRP is $46K but the car I want is $51K, not the exact example in the incentive offer. The incentives should still be the same, right? Or is it a bait-and-switch where you get there and because you want more upgrades, that offer is not available to you?

You aimed too low 20% or death!

:wink:

Yeah, mostly hackrs.

Seriously, I wasn’t going to get on the 4 bandwagon because no tax credits but in the end I found a deal that worked for me at a price I’d be stupid to pass up…well that and convertibles (which was my true target) were a bit harder to source and get deep discount on.

So if the city collision activates wouldnt that stall the cars engine?

According to what @michael said, yes.

Maybe I’m just not familiar enough with the market, but I found it surprising that the 4 Series convertible starting MSRP is like $9k higher than a coupe/Gran Coupe’s. Sure, you get some more equipment standard, but that’s a huge gulf.

Could you break down the $5750 in incentives? Never seen them so high.

$5,750 is the lease cash available from BMW right now on 2019 440i’s. Anyone can get it, add that and loyalty if you qualify and you’ve got $7,750 in incentives, crazy.

1 Like

It varies, SW is $5,250. Loyalty is $2,500 though so it’s about the same!

1 Like

Whoops, for some reason I thought loyalty was 2k in the Northeast.

Well if it’s $2,500 then that’s even better!

Since the OP got $2,500 and he is in NJ, then I guess it’s $2,500, as people seem to be saying these numbers are good until the 7th.

So I always thought Nov/Dec was the best time to buy; it seems maybe this is not the case. Can anyone speak to the 2-month period that has the best deals?

Typically, yes, but we’re in a unique position here, as dealerships have an insane amount of 4 series left over, so BMW is trying to help them move them, this really doesn’t have to do with time of year so much as it does a car that isn’t selling incredibly well at the moment.

I think if they’d kept the 4 to 2dr coupe/convertible only we wouldn’t be seeing the incentives currently offered. I’m very thankful that BMWFS doesn’t micromanage their lease offerings like MBenz does. Now that’s a hot mess!

Based on the numbers and post here I am not surprise that BMW is leading in sales

We here at LH a teeny tiny, nearly insignificant fraction of people out there leasing and as such this is how our deals are possible. If even 5% of the folks leasing new cars did like we do you’d likely see a shift into how leasing programs are managed for the worse. (the sandbox would get smaller)

1 Like