SIGNED 2017 Benz c300 4MATIC Loaner 399/mo 36 Months 12k/yr Zero Down (VA Tax included) 25% off MSRP

I think I got a decent deal. How did I do?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2017 Mercedes-Benz C300W4]

P1 Package
Heads Up Display
AMG Package
Garmin Nav
Pano Roof

MSRP: [$51,595]
Selling Price: [$38,700]
Rebates: [none]
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [12,000]

MF: [.00089]
Residual: [optional]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$0]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$399]

Zip Code: [Northern Virginia]
Sales Tax Rate: [4.15%] on the entire purchase price of the vehicle

Leasehackr Score: [10.5]

Pic Posted to the Trophy Garage Below:

2 Likes

Payments sound kinda high compared to other recent loaner deals. You probably would have gotten better numbers if you went with 24 months and max MSDs.

1 Like

The tax hurts, of course. But agree - only thing I could see being better were variables you ultimately decided on - MSD and term.

1 Like

This is a 0.77% of MSRP deal including all taxes and fees. Taxes at 4.15% are $1,6XX and then the processing and acquisition fees. The other thread that advertised 20+ loaners for 250 a month don’t include all the above items and require them at drive off. In states where tax is levied on depreciation, 24 months works out better, but in VA it is better to take the 36 months.

I could have gotten lower by putting $4000 as MSD, but dealer’s calculator was not offering the full benefit as shown in the Lease Calculator on this site. The Finance manager was offering about $30 in savings which didn’t really sound too enticing.

As long as you’re happy with the deal, that’s ultimately what matters. The higher MSRP C300s don’t have nearly the same discounts percentage wise as the lower MSRP.

However, for the benefit of others here: it looks like maybe they tried to markup the MF on you when you suggested MSDs. Had you been able to work that out, which is a big if given your discount, your effective payment would have been $341/month, saving you $58/month. Over 36 months that would have saved you about $2000. Basically a 50% ROI.

1 Like

Nicely loaded car and with $0 drive offs, great deal. 25% off MSRP @ base MF.

1 Like

@28firefighter: I agree. It was an out of state dealer, and they knew I wanted the car, as I drove an 1hr and a half for it. It was a take it or leave it offer. And I am ok paying more for this car than save a little and get one of the “Plane Jane” ones that were mostly available. Almost all other loaners in the area were not packaged with similar options.

I would have taken it as well. In fact I would have driven far more than an hour for one at that price.

1 Like

Great deal for a sign and drive, MSDs would have absolutely hacked this car but well done either way

2 Likes

Great deal in my opinion. A few questions if you will?

1. Was maintenance included
  2. How many miles are in the car
1 Like

@Benz55

1. No
  2. 7k miles

Hi,

I am new to Leasehackr… this is my first post. I live in North Carolina. I’m looking for my wife a C300 to lease. I’m ok with a loaner. I’ve tried to search through the forum to see what all info I could find that might help me out. Could you possibly share with me what dealer you dealt with IN VA? You can private message/Inbox me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. In NC I have not found anything less that $500… even for a loaner.

I appreciate your time and help. Thank you.

You can start here…

1 Like

MB dealers in NC typically do not discount heavily (same goes for other brand dealers as well) - my guess is because of the low 3% monthly tax rate, they can price higher and we still pay same payment as those from higher tax states. Try to find a deal out of state and see if a local dealer match it. [There are dealers in MD who give good discounts (paetiallu because their tax structure is terrible) plus their doc fee is capped at 300].

Thanks for the reply. That was very helpful. I’ll look into that. Thank you!

@aspalmer84: Been a busy week and wasn’t able to get back to you. I just sent you a PM with some additional info. Hope that helps. For others’ benefit, if nothing else changed on the deal I got except NC taxes instead of VA tax, you would be looking at $362/month for 12k/yr. If you put MSDs down, it would be lower.